• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good "starter" crossbow...Need Advice...

ASSAULTLIFE

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
382   0
Reaction score
Looking to purchase crossbow in the near future.
Something to do some backyard shooting practice as well as maybe small hunting trips.

Now I wouldn't be able to afford nothing more than $200 or so just because i am a newbie to it and would probably just use it for the backyard and then get something really fancy once I get good at it.

I saw some "steelforce" crossbows on Amazon for about $175...Would that be a good deal ?

If not, what would you suggest? Pictures would be nice or a link since I HAVE NO CLUE what they would look like and so on.

TIA

If you are planning to actually hunt game with it I would suggest nothing less than Horton. They seem to be the lowest cost "real" crossbows out there. If you look real hard for one you might come out under $200 for a 150 lb draw bow that is several years old. I wouldn't use less than a 150 to hunt large game. Google image search "Horton Legend or Legacy". I bought one for $50 and resold it for more so they are out there.

I looked at ebay but there's so many and I have no idea what Im looking for when it comes to quality and value, so a private sale would be so much better since I could actually learn something about the bow from the owner.

YEA ... they would probably be willing to school ya on some does an donts ;)

Junk. Try searching craigslist for "crossbow" Look for a compound instead of a re-curve. PSE makes a decent beginner bow, and I have seen good prices on Barnetts as well.

Back
Top Bottom