• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good outdoor ranges near atlanta

PlumNyet

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
I’m looking for an outdoor range for my fiancé and I to join. Really looking for a place where we can move around and shoot, that has multiple bays or dig outs. 100 yards is fine, longer is nicer. We don’t mind memberships. We were looking at south river gun club, but with their schedule we don’t see how we could shoot during the weekends when we are off. Honestly looking for a place where I can set up a course of fire, practice transitioning, and where she can walk and shoot. We were spoiled in Pennsylvania with our shooting club (Indoor range, 8 steel dug outs, 2 rifle 50 yard dig outs, 2 100 yard rifle dig outs, trap, skeet, etc AND never more than 10 people on the entire property at a time). It’s sad to see the lack of options down south. Were in Atlanta, but are willing to travel an hour if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Checkout Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville.
So I actually pulled them up and liked it; however, I saw you had to have 2 members sign off on you. We’re millennials...... and in public health...... so we wouldn’t have any friends that shoot there to sign off on us, let alone any friends that like the idea of private gun ownership haha.

So I actually pulled them up and liked it; however, I saw you had to have 2 members sign off on you. We’re millennials...... and in public health...... so we wouldn’t have any friends that shoot there to sign off on us, let alone any friends that like the idea of private gun ownership haha.
DD is spot on @biker_bill can walk you through the paces. There are many Riverbend members here on ODT that would be happy to bring you to a range day after having a conversation with you.

Bobs in palmetto GA, if you are near south side. Low annual cost, rifle lanes and handgun lanes. Only downside is closed on Sundays and federal holidays.

Riverbend is where you wanna be. 300+ acres. Numerous shooting venues. Even on match weekends, you’ll have no trouble finding a spot to shoot.

Getting signatures aren’t that big of a deal. Just go shoot their “action” pistol match.

3rd Saturday of the month. 50+ members in attendance. Pretty basic competition. No drawing from a holster - it’s low ready or table starts. It’s more a meet and greet than a competition (if you wanna see competition, come out on the 4th Saturday to see the uspsa match).

Chat them up. Tell them you’re interested in joining.

If you’re competent and safe, you’ll have no issue meeting some members to sign off on your application.

Back
Top Bottom