• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good outdoor ranges near atlanta

I've been a member out at South River Gun Club for over 6 years. I can only shoot on the weekends as well. You do have to pay attention to their calendar of events, but knock on wood, I've never had any issues getting a pit out there. You just need to get their early.

I've been a member out at South River Gun Club for over 6 years. I can only shoot on the weekends as well. You do have to pay attention to their calendar of events, but knock on wood, I've never had any issues getting a pit out there. You just need to get their early.
When you say pit, are you the only shooter in the pit, or your able to find an empty spot in a pit?

I'm in a similar position, a few years older though. My wife isn't really into shooting at all. Have a small child and when he is older look to join Riverbend. Been to a few of the open to outsider matches and had a great time at every single one.

SRGC has 20 tactical bays. When you are in a bay it is yours to setup however you want. They offer target stands but you supply your own targets. The also have barrels that you can set up as obstacles or barriers to shoot around. However, if you drag them out you need to put them up when you are done. They have a rifle range out to 300 yards but you have to make an appointment to use it.

When you say pit, are you the only shooter in the pit, or your able to find an empty spot in a pit?

They have several pits. As a member, it's first come, first serve. They do reserve some for matches or whatever they have going on, but they won't reserve all of them. Once you have a spot, it's yours for as long as you want to shoot.

I also was looking at River bend but was intimidated with the 2 signatures. Just wasn't sure how i'd get the approval! Good to know everyone seems so welcoming about it!

I also was looking at River bend but was intimidated with the 2 signatures. Just wasn't sure how i'd get the approval! Good to know everyone seems so welcoming about it!
I've been to several M1A and military rifle matches there and was encouraged to join by members shooting. They seem like a good group of folks to me and if I lived anywhere North of I-20, I'd join in a heartbeat.

I’m looking for an outdoor range for my fiancé and I to join. Really looking for a place where we can move around and shoot, that has multiple bays or dig outs. 100 yards is fine, longer is nicer. We don’t mind memberships. We were looking at south river gun club, but with their schedule we don’t see how we could shoot during the weekends when we are off. Honestly looking for a place where I can set up a course of fire, practice transitioning, and where she can walk and shoot. We were spoiled in Pennsylvania with our shooting club (Indoor range, 8 steel dug outs, 2 rifle 50 yard dig outs, 2 100 yard rifle dig outs, trap, skeet, etc AND never more than 10 people on the entire property at a time). It’s sad to see the lack of options down south. Were in Atlanta, but are willing to travel an hour if anyone can point me in the right direction.
How about 285.It's near you ,free and plenty of targets.

Back
Top Bottom