• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good North Ga AK gunsmith?

Roy King in Adairsville
replaced an ak74 barrel a few thousand rounds ago
All straight and good.
Unsure if he is even taking in anything now but worth a call.

Didn't know if he had the same name over here, he'll be getting some work from me
Same guy here
Dr Hood is good on the commie guns
Great work on a canted akm for me not long ago.

He can hook you up with glasses or dig a piece of metal out of your eye too!

Hood886 Is a great guy IMO , sorry he is so busy .

There is a guy near me named Randy H , .....I switched phones & can not recall his last name , I do have his # but I'd like to ask him myself before giving it out .

Maybe you can find him on here , (NW Ga) , + ill look for my old phone to get his last name .

Unfortunately I don't think my current lead time is gonna work with ops schedule. The unfortunate thing about working on all the kinda stuff I do is I get backed out. Appreciate the kind words.
Ive only heard good things about you and your work looks fantastic. And you are just a few miles down the road from me.
Roughly, what kind of lead time? I dont really have a schedule and dont mind waiting. I originally was just excited and naively hoping someone could turn it around in a few weeks.
I might as well have a kns piston put in at the same time too.

Interesting. Thats where my buddy had an ak rebuilt and he contacted them about chopping these arsenals and was quoted a great price. But ive heard of one person having to order a new receiver because theirs got destroyed by fta.
Hell I might just buy the tools to do it myself. Or just hacksaw it and square it up with a file or piloted counterbore tool until I can find a good smith with a decent lead time lol
Your buddy needs to ask if they still charge 75 cents a shot for test firing (pre ammo import ban).
And do not ever send parts (especially the ones you cannot replace) to them for a build. There is a high chance your nice parts will be "lost" and replaced with the parts from the FTA junk bin.

Back
Top Bottom