• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Going to see the Avengers in 1 hour...UPDATE..

Gacowboy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
172   1
Reaction score
My wife and i have waited a long time for this one, already checked and all the christian movie ratings said it was good to go see.

Last edited:
My wife and i have waited a long time for this one, already checked and all the christian movie ratings said it was good to go see.

Thanks, so concerned about appropriate content for the kids... I am so disappointed with Michael Bay and the transformer series, they market so much to children and then make their movies with so much adult contents.

I'm glad you posted that - Let's me know that I have no interest in me or my family seeing it. I really do not understand why the So-called- Christian Rater's get involved with movies that clearly are not Christian Movies. Sometimes I wonder if they even watch the movie. Thanks to this post, at least I get a real assessment of the movie. :)

This is off http://www.pluggedin.com and it's claims to shine a light on the world of popular entertainment

Spiritual Content

Loki and Thor are both repeatedly referred to as "gods." And much is made of their power and near-immortality. But as we learned in Thor, this characterization is misleading. Thor is an alien being with powers that are much greater than humans'. But he's not really a god, and when the word god is used here, it's qualified, as when Black Widow tells Captain America that Thor and Loki are "basically gods."

Even so, Cap adds another addendum. "There's only one God," he tells her, "and I'm pretty sure He doesn't dress like that."

When Loki refers to himself as a god, the Hulk takes physical issue with the statement—picking him up and pounding him into the floor, like a 5-year-old with a Raggedy Ann doll. "Puny god," Hulk says dismissively.

Elsewhere, the Avengers want to get their hands on a cube of mysterious and limitless power called the Tesseract, and some treat the cube as if it were divine itself. "It's more than knowledge," Selvig, a scientist, says. "It's truth." That said, Selvig's mind is under the influence of Loki at the time, so it's hard to know whether he means it or not.

A reference is made to yoga. We see religious iconography from various religions. Tony talks about the biblical story of Jonah.

Thor and Loki are the sons of the Norse god Odin.

I dont think I would let that stop me from seeing a movie since it all just science fiction.

If this bothers anyone, You might want to skip the day "Thursday" I believe that its name after Thor. :)

Back
Top Bottom