• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to leave a negative today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the seller of this item and am somewhat confused as to the op jumping the gun on this. Anyone who has completed a deal with me can attest to my integrity in making fair deals.

I had had an original time and place set for a meet. It was for late in the day and I got called into work that morning. I notified the buyer of the change and he agreed to reschedule for a later date. I told him that I would get with him in a couple of days and I sent him a pm this morning. This is exactly what I committed to doing. He wanted to meet today and I told him I have several doctors appointments today and would let him know how my day progresses. I am currently sitting in my doctors waiting room right now. I then need to take my daughter to her counseling appointment. My day is booked tight and I am trying to see how to make this deal work. I have done everything I committed to and the op seems to be jumping the gun a bit. If I say I will get with you in a couple days have the courtesy to give me that time before casting judgement.

Some of you would miss work to make a meet but in my position that was not an option. I have a high level of responsibility and had to be there. The op informed this morning that he works 12 hour shifts and will not be available after today. I am sorry that our schedules seem to conflict at this point but he did agree to postpone our meeting. I don't see how this warrants a negative but whatever comes of it is out of my control.
The other side of the story..... Sounds legit to me. Based on your statement, I believe you have done everything you could have. i just hate getting worked up over nothing.

I am the seller of this item and am somewhat confused as to the op jumping the gun on this. Anyone who has completed a deal with me can attest to my integrity in making fair deals.

I had had an original time and place set for a meet. It was for late in the day and I got called into work that morning. I notified the buyer of the change and he agreed to reschedule for a later date. I told him that I would get with him in a couple of days and I sent him a pm this morning. This is exactly what I committed to doing. He wanted to meet today and I told him I have several doctors appointments today and would let him know how my day progresses. I am currently sitting in my doctors waiting room right now. I then need to take my daughter to her counseling appointment. My day is booked tight and I am trying to see how to make this deal work. I have done everything I committed to and the op seems to be jumping the gun a bit. If I say I will get with you in a couple days have the courtesy to give me that time before casting judgement.

Some of you would miss work to make a meet but in my position that was not an option. I have a high level of responsibility and had to be there. The op informed this morning that he works 12 hour shifts and will not be available after today. I am sorry that our schedules seem to conflict at this point but he did agree to postpone our meeting. I don't see how this warrants a negative but whatever comes of it is out of my control.

Well, there you have it.
Two sides to every story.....

No set time and place to meet no deal has been made so negative feedback isn't needed , now if y'all had a date and time a place set up and he didn't show then sure...... Sounds like he decided not to sell to you for some reason......sucks , but just move on. Just be glad you didn't drive all the way and waited hours with no show like many has done.

Agreed. No show, no call = Negative rating. Can't coordinate because of schedule, keep trying or move on. No need to have hard feelings. Sometimes things don't work out.

Folks, we all (many of us) have lives and responsibilities outside of ODT.... After reading izoid's side, there is no call for any feedback.... There are family and work responsibilities that absolutely take presence over any ODT deals... And we all should undeerstand this....
I had a deal a couple weeks ago with price, time and place set and agreed to (it was a sweet deal)... He has family issues come up and we postponed... During that delay another unforeseen item came up on his side that resulting in the deal being cancelled.... I lost out an a sweet Vepr,,,, Upset, yes, but I understood his side, so I moved on.... Never considered a Negative...
This just looks like a miss understanding in communications....

Still doesn't answer the question as to why there was no responses if, as the OP said the member was on the forum posting. A quick "I'll get back to you" PM would have preempted this mess...

I had a similar situation with same seller..... Not going into too many details, but seller had a change of mind over night and following day got all jumpy and accused me of trying to "rip him off". When in fact I had agreed to his counter offer to me. I just wrote it off and moved on.
For what it is worth....

I had a similar situation with same seller..... Not going into too many details, but seller had a change of mind over night and following day got all jumpy and accused me of trying to "rip him off". When in fact I had agreed to his counter offer to me. I just wrote it off and moved on.
For what it is worth....

The difference between you and Kevin, the OP, is that you and I never had a firm time or place. You assumed the gun was yours when all we did was go back and forth on a few PM's. When I told you that I had already agreed with someone else, the next morning, you got all uptight and threatening. If I recall, you said that you had already traded my gun with someone else. Basically, you made a trade with a gun that you didn't have and put yourself in a bad situation. You then wanted to blame me for it. No time and place set = no deal. You know that and made promises you couldn't keep.

Very different than the current deal. Kevin is a good guy who got a little impatient. You are a wheeler dealer who counted on trading a gun you didn't own yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom