• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock knife

I think I have bought 3 total. They are tough knives, but 1 one them was pretty dull along the edge when it arrived.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with them.
I have 2 (78 and 81) and they both came bayonet sharp. You could cut yourself; but it wasn't by accident. After a few minutes on the WorkSharp, they both had edges that would cut you deep. I got mine due to be $30 and read where they made great tent stakes in an emergency.

I had one I won playing some stupid game at one of the Glock shoots a few years ago when The Gunny was still their spokesman.
It was a good knife but I have plenty and gave it to my brother. I don't think you could go wrong buying one.

For $30 something dollars you'd be hard-pressed to find a better fixed blade knife.
If you have an older non-sawtooth spine model they're fetching about $100 now I hear.

The Glock E-Tool is a fantastic piece of kit too.

They can still be had for much less than $100, but they are worth $100, all day, everyday.

I ordered my model 78 from Poland, and it took about a month to receive it, but it came without a hitch. I paid around $45-$50…

For all practicality, I prefer the model 81. For collectibility, the 78.

Both are outstanding. They are the same blade and quality, only one has a saw back and the other does not.

They are addictive. I think I ended up with 7 or 8 differenet ones. Different colors, square logo vs circle logo. Like potato chips. Can't stop with just one.

My favorite, that I carry often, is a well used 78 with a round logo I got off ebay. Hardly no finish is left and the handle is dented up, but it's still sharp and gets the job done.

Been meaning to get one for many years but I always forget about them. Maybe Glock should step up their advertising game with these.
But I still remember the Glock brochures from the late 80s early 90s when their was only the G17, G19 and the knife.

A few mods I did to an older Model 78 smooth spine in FDE flavor:
*Sharpened clip point to spear like.
*Filed spine to sharp 90° to strike ferro rod.
*Removed end cap and tapped for 1/2" threads.
*Drilled 1/2" bolt for ferro rod install.
*Cold Blued bolt head
*Installed O-ring as lock washer/dust protection.
*Doubles as a pommel/skull buster

IMG_20240210_215218506_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240210_215258074_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240210_215326684_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom