• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 22 4th Gen

There is a difference in the recoil springs. If you took a 3rd gen and a 4th gen and shot and compared them side by side I think that you could feel the difference. I have both a 3rd and 4th gen and while and I have no problems with the recoil on my 3rd gen, the 4th gen definitely has less felt recoil and shoots flatter. In fact, it is the flattest shooting .40 that I have ever shot.

Will the double recoil spring work in the 3rd gen. G19? Also, it looks like a steel guide rod, is that right? I've never checked one out so I have no idea.

Last edited:
Yes Tazz, the dual recoil spring in the gen 4 is stainless steel. No on the gen 4 dual recoil spring working in the 3rd gen. The sizes of the frame and slide are different. There is an aftermarket one for the gen 3 though if you are looking for one. A friend of mine has one. I think he got it from glockmeister but I will have to check to be sure.

Yes Tazz, the dual recoil spring in the gen 4 is stainless steel. No on the gen 4 dual recoil spring working in the 3rd gen. The sizes of the frame and slide are different. There is an aftermarket one for the gen 3 though if you are looking for one. A friend of mine has one. I think he got it from glockmeister but I will have to check to be sure.

Yeah, I had one from glockmeister in my G29 and it worked great. I just thought the one from glock might work, I'll have to get a couple more for my 19's. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Has anyone else noticed it is harder to put the glock 22 4thg back together after break down? I was having some trouble at first but now it seems to be going away. I saw a few videos on youtube of guys who had the same problem. Like I said it doesnt seem to be a big problem now but it had me scared for a minute

Dont really have any trouble getting it back together. Have noticed in mine in particular that it has exc ellent case support. I dont hardly see any casing when I drop a round into the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom