• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 22 4th Gen

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
View attachment 6010View attachment 6011View attachment 6012View attachment 6013View attachment 6014
Bought a new Glock 22 4th Gen. I deliberated over the 4th Gen and the RTF. What sold me was the double recoil spring. I got it home, opened her up and there of course is the gun, 3-15 round mags, loader, cleaning rod and brush, paperwork, factory fired casing, a lock, and the changeable backstraps. The Gen 4 does have an extended and reversible mag release button. The mags have cut outs on both sides depending upon which side of the gun you have the mag release button on. Gave it a good cleaning and took it to the range and put 50 round through it. I used to own a Glock 22 3rd Gen, and right away you can tell the difference in the recoil, it's almost like shooting a 9mm with the standard glock spring. I like the rough textured frame. It really feels like the gun is stuck to your hand. Shot 2-3 inch groups from 10 and 15 yards. If you are law enforcement, military, fireman, EMS, either active or retired, got to Ed's Public Safety in Stockbridge GA. The gun brand new with 3 mags and goodies was $398.00 + tax= $427.00. By far the best deal your gonna find a brand new Gen 4. They were also selling the RTF with the crescent shape slide serrations for the same price. They will ask to see your LE, Military, or Fireman ID at the purchase. I have posted some pics, if you have and questions, just ask. Thanks

I got one yesterday on a trade and it is pretty darn neat. I have owned glocks in .40 before but the Gen4 brings excitement back to glocks for me. I can't wait to get a Gen4 19!

I've got a Gen 4 22. I've owned several Glocks over years, just never shot'em much. They haven't been my cup of tea. I got started shooting plastic pistols afer a co-worker brought me a Springfield XD that he couldn't hit with. I took and spent a little time at the range with it and found it to be a great little pistol. I never cared for the 40 cal either. I always thought it was a neutured 10mm., kinda unecessary. But I've started playing with the 40 a little, and found it to be a fun little package in the 27. I bought one of the 22s' last week because I wanted a full size to see the full potential of the round. It shoots to point of aim, and the percieved recoil seems far less than even a much heavier CZ75. I've loaded some potent loads that still bring you completely off target, but the accuracy is excellent and recoil is very comfortable. I like the 27, we'll see if the 22 lives up to it's baby brothers standards.

Hope you enjoy it. I have both a gen4 and a rtf. I have put around 2000 rounds through my gen 4 and have not had any problems of any kind so far. I am satisfied with both but the gen4 shoots softer than any other .40 that I have shot before. I may pick up a gen 4 19 or 23 soon.

Last edited:
Is there REALLY that big of a diff with the dual recoil springs? I swore off .40 due to the fact that good follow up shots are damn near impossilble.

Back
Top Bottom