• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glider Swing Repair

WolfPackOne

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
41   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Any leads on where I can get my glider swing refurbished in the Atlanta to Eatonton areas? I'm assuming sandblasting and paint. Appreciate any help.

IMG_0808.JPG

Does it still glide or does that need to repaired as well? You could probably get some good spray paint and make it look pretty good with some good prep work.

Sandblasting can weaken the metal worse than it is, and even create more holes. The one i did that had some rust spots and holes was a pain, but it turned out amazing. Lots of elbow grease......disassemble and hand sand sightly to remove the paint. Spray it down with a rust inhibitor...I can't remember the one i used, but it actually turned the metal black (not spray paint....the actual metal turned black. Then you can come back with primer and the paint of your choice. The biggest thing about these is to be PATIENT! The already there rust holes aren't worth trying to fix, plus to me they add character! If you decide you don't wanna fool with it, lemme know.....I may be interested in purchasing it.

If it still glides
Just hit it with a brass wire brush in a drill
Wear goggles and a full face shield

And prime and paint it with some expensive outdoor primer and paint

3B23D9F0-D331-4CCB-A1D9-B08696C16A81.jpeg
28CF5278-BFAA-4FF6-B641-6832AD6BA6F6.jpeg
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't consider the sandblasting issue so perhaps a little manual effort is the best route. It's in great working shape just ugly like my prom date. Thanks again
Can’t find the pics of the glider I refinished, but I did find this. Before and after pics of a 2 person rocker. Update us with some pics of the glider when you get it finished.

Back
Top Bottom