• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any appliance repair folks? Looking for recommendations on the purchase of a washer and dryer.

We had a 20 something year old washer years ago. Well my wife wanted a front loader even though the old one still worked. So we did. Well it lasted 20 some years. Now she wants another top loader. The mentioned were Kenmores. Sears not really around anymore. When we moved the old front loader from old house to our to us house, unplugged it, loaded it and unloaded off our truck, plugged it back in, it didn't work anymore. And can't get parts for it either. So now probably Speed Queen or might try a Maytag. We bought a Maytag dish washer in our old house a few years ago. We loved it, but we were only there for a year before we sold the house. We currently have a @ 12- 15 yr old GE. Came with the house, still runs well. It's a top loader. I can tell you, you will have some trouble with the door seal on a front loader.

I sell Speed Queen washers and dryers. They are expensive but they are American made. We have very, very few problems with them. They come in 3,5,and 7 year warranty models. The average life span is 25 years.Although you can get touchscreen control models the vast majority we sell has dials and knobs. We deliver and remove the existing customer’s machines. Most of the junk we haul back is over engineered computerized garbage. Find you a local Speed Queen dealer and buy a set and you likely won’t have to worry about it again until 2050.
Habersham hardware in Clarksville sell them where bought mine . Had Sears kenworth front loader got 20yrs out it. So did research went Speed Queen they make a lot commercial washers& dryers also

Back
Top Bottom