• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glenfield model 25

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
56   0
Reaction score
20200404_133347.jpg
I acquired this little rifle a few years ago. The stock was in bad shape so I refinished it but other then that never did anything with it.
Wife's in the hospital, my back is killing me and I'm going stir crazy so I decided to do a little plinking.
It had the original Glenfield Craptastic scope so I replaced it with a little less craptastic tasco 3×9 I had in my box of junk scopes that I bought from the pawn shop for testing purposes.
I sighted in with cci standard and then shot some eley match.
I was surprised and shocked at how well this old rifle performed. The trigger is stiff but about what you would expect. At 50 yds I was getting consistent penny sized groups. I may have to actually put a halfway decent scope on the thing.
I took it out thinking about selling it but I changed my mind.
All groups are 5 shot groups and any strays are the fault of the man on the trigger. I may have been able to do some dime groups but a penny is all I had in my pocket.
20200404_142803.jpg

Thanks for posting! Hope your wife recovers quickly and your back feels better!

Mod 25 was my first gun. Still have it. Will have to give the accuracy a test to see how she does.

I played with the springs to try to lighten the trigger pull but then the bolt would go forward every time you worked the action. Oh well - I never claimed to be a gunsmith.

Thanks for posting! Hope your wife recovers quickly and your back feels better!

Mod 25 was my first gun. Still have it. Will have to give the accuracy a test to see how she does.

I played with the springs to try to lighten the trigger pull but then the bolt would go forward every time you worked the action. Oh well - I never claimed to be a gunsmith.
Thought about it..and then thought better about it.

Thought about it..and then thought better about it.
If you want to try it take a look on rimfirecentral.com. In the Marlin bolt action rifle section there are some good threads on a easy mod changing the trigger reset spring and replacing it with a ball point pen spring. Drops the trigger pull to around 3 lbs.

My first 22 was and still is a Marlin Glenfield Model 10. The single shot version of that the model 25. . It was my sniper rifle. I think I was 12 or 13 when I got it. Gave $25 for it. I put a trigger shoe on it and full sized 3x9. removed the sights, because that's what sniper would do. I would throw dogfood in the yard and when the starlings came to feed they would get picked off. Many a chipmunk, squirrel and starling never heard the pop of the CB cap.
DSCN0001.JPG

If you want to try it take a look on rimfirecentral.com. In the Marlin bolt action rifle section there are some good threads on a easy mod changing the trigger reset spring and replacing it with a ball point pen spring. Drops the trigger pull to around 3 lbs.
Plenty of time on my hands, I feel like Charleston Heston in that last man on earth movie. Maybe I need a volleyball.

My dad bought me a Marlin 22 cal with a Glenfield scope on it in about 1966 from K-Mart....think he paid about $40 for it....still have it and it looks like new....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shoot it. We all love playing with our big boy guns but occasionally it's nice just to relax and just do some old school plinking.

Back
Top Bottom