• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting rid of majority of collection & ATF new rule

Please show me any wording in this new rule that shifts the burden of proof from the accuser to the accused. That has never been the basis of criminal law in this country. Remember: "Innocent till proven guilty".
tell that to Trump and any of the Jan 6th people...its not the "innocent till proven guilty" that anyone is worried about. its the cost involved in proving innocents. its very simple... when law abiding people wish to own, sell, or trade their property...and that property is a firearm, the proof will always be the burden of the citizen....this rule is put forward to impower the atf to cross lines they should not be able to....

If you were to read the rule or even a good breakdown of it you will see that the guy who is selling a gun that has been in the safe for god knows how long is not the subject of this new rule, which is again just a clarification of the rules concerning who is a dealer, without much change from what it has always been.
This guy is obviously not flipping guns or buying it with the intent of selling it at a profit 20 years down the road. This is more to do with the guys who we have all seen and I have even dealt with that buys several guns then sits in my driveway taking pics and listing them for sale for more than he paid for it. That is an extreme case of flipping but even if you are buying and selling in any short period of time and doing so frequently you would be under scrutiny.
As I said earlier, there is only a handful of members here that need to be concerned and they know who they are. The average gun collector, hobbyist, hunter has nothing to worry about under these new guidelines.
Except the part about self defense firearms being excluded from the rule. Use your own best judgment about that.

if you are saying that to me... i am saying that you may be innocent till proven guilty. but that does not promise you the benefits of the legal system.. the tax payer funded legal team will bring a limitless pocket book against whatever representation you can afford.. in the end if you can afford it, you may be found innocent.. but at what cost? your retirement? your home? you family and lively hood? and your investment into your defense will never be returned to you...
you can be forced to pay court costs for a frivolous lawsuit...your are never reimbursed for a frivolous charge...
the fear here is the loose description and the people who can accuse you.
i dont know how this will affect us. but it is in no way fair and is a reason for concern...

I won't watch that. They are some of the worst fear mongers on the internet. Exactly what I have been referring to about internet talking heads. But please don't forget to click the subscribe button to show your support for the second amendment. (What they really mean is click the subscribe button so they stay monetized).

Before this rule the ATF could accuse you of running a unlicensed firearms business at any time they wanted for buying trading and selling guns.

After this rule the ATF can accuse you of running a unlicensed firearms business at any time they wanted for buying trading and selling guns.

Nothing has changed. It's political theater.

Before this rule the ATF could accuse you of running a unlicensed firearms business at any time they wanted for buying trading and selling guns.

After this rule the ATF can accuse you of running a unlicensed firearms business at any time they wanted for buying trading and selling guns.

Nothing has changed. It's political theater.
Thank you.

Unfortunately. my eye is really worsening after the injury, and I also don't have time to shoot like I used to.
I've been contemplating reducing my collection that I collected since the '90s.

I don't want to part with my entire collection because I still enjoy shooting guns at my local club occasionally and enhancing their performance, etc.
With the new ATF rule, I don't know how to achieve the above without practically giving them away for free.

Is this new rule likely to take effect without any intervention?
What is the best course of action in my case to reduce my collection without any legal complication?
I'm an eye doctor. I'm curious to what happened to your eye and what sort of treatment you've done for it. Feel free to PM if you don't want to disclose openly.

Back
Top Bottom