• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting rid of majority of collection & ATF new rule

kwelhand

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
196   0
Reaction score
Unfortunately. my eye is really worsening after the injury, and I also don't have time to shoot like I used to.
I've been contemplating reducing my collection that I collected since the '90s.

I don't want to part with my entire collection because I still enjoy shooting guns at my local club occasionally and enhancing their performance, etc.
With the new ATF rule, I don't know how to achieve the above without practically giving them away for free.

Is this new rule likely to take effect without any intervention?
What is the best course of action in my case to reduce my collection without any legal complication?

Just sell one every now and then for whatever price is reasonable to you. It's not like you're a dealer buying and selling multiple new guns every day.

In for using them against those who will take them. That TX/CA alliance needs to kick off lol.

Unfortunately. my eye is really worsening after the injury, and I also don't have time to shoot like I used to.

I don't want to part with my entire collection because I still enjoy shooting guns at my local club occasionally and enhancing their performance, etc.
With the new ATF rule, I don't know how to achieve the above without practically giving them away for free.

What is the best course of action in my case to reduce my collection without any legal complication?

I don't think you're at any significant risk. You've owned a selection of different firearms over the course of a couple of decades, you're selling them off and - most importantly - you're not replacing them with 'new stock' that you're turning over, fired or unfired.

This new rule does not pertain to you unless you bought the guns with the intent of selling for a profit. Just list your guns and sell them for fair market value and don't worry about all the nonsense you read on the internet.

So where is this real world and accurate "listed value" of every firearm the ATF will use to determine if you made a profit on any of your collection from over the decades. Do the values account for inflation, rarity, comparable values if the money was invested? Are we comparing apples to apples? This is getting fuzzy really fast.

Back
Top Bottom