• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get Home Bags...Questions on specs.....Sourcing?

I don't buy into the Internet myth of having a bag with MOLLE webbing will make you any more of a target than any other bag.

That being said,
Maxpedition makes excellent gear.
5.11 makes excellent gear.
Camelback makes excellent gear.
Draco is ok.
Condor is substandard.

Kelty makes excellent bags of one is interested in something that doesn't look military. They also have a broad range of pricing, from book bags to expedition quality gear.

I don't particularly care where it's made as long as the quality is good.
that molle comment is just ignorant.

Any bag can be a valuable target, but if you see one with molle on it...

You know it's not a hillary voter carrying it. It's gonna have some goods.

Ghb=medium size light as possible

Bob= whatever you can carry 5-20 potential miles a day

I am not a fan of molle. Too inviting and even the libs know who carries it

I only have Bug Out bags, but I have a couple of buddies who's kids could use these GHB, when there kids go to college this spring. A, medium size bag that is durable, black or green. As, long as the bag can carry water, 50-50 cord, rain gear, power bars and a small battery backup for the cell phone is a start.

that molle comment is just ignorant.

Any bag can be a valuable target, but if you see one with molle on it...

You know it's not a hillary voter carrying it. It's gonna have some goods.

Ghb=medium size light as possible

Bob= whatever you can carry 5-20 potential miles a day

I am not a fan of molle. Too inviting and even the libs know who carries it
You are of course, entitled to your opinion. I'm open to empirical evidence that leads one to come to the conclusion that one is more of a target than the other.

Let me tell you what makes you a target. Any reflective or Neon color. I wore Blaze Orange fleece during snowpocalyopse and was mistaken for LEO 40 times. I took it off. That really attracts attention.

Quick note on Chinese bags. I ordered a lot of 10 assorted bags at a very fair price. I got what I paid for. Zippers and buckles were plastic and several of the bags were rendered unusable very quickly with as the buckles and zippers broke.

For this reason I now look for metal zippers

Quick note on Chinese bags. I ordered a lot of 10 assorted bags at a very fair price. I got what I paid for. Zippers and buckles were plastic and several of the bags were rendered unusable very quickly with as the buckles and zippers broke.

For this reason I now look for metal zippers
Maxpedition and Camelback both use plastic zippers. Not all plastic zippers and buckles are equal.

Maxpedition and Camelback both use plastic zippers. Not all plastic zippers and buckles are equal.
True. I have a Smith&Wesson sling pack that I've carried for over a year. I was going to replace it with one of the chi-com bags. I'm still using it and it's still working great but I'd like to have 2 shoulder straps and when I get around to an upgrade, that's what I'll be looking for

If you are interested in carrying bug out bags see if you can carry kifaru. Pricey as heck but the quality is unmatched in my opinion. I have their Zulu pack for a long term bug out scenario but would really love to get more modular with their scout. Problem is its too damn expensive to order just to try out without seeing and feeling it. Would love to have a local retailer where I could actually try on a pack and see the pouches next to the bag so I can buy what I actually need without the expensive gamble.

Back
Top Bottom