• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Get Home Bags...Questions on specs.....Sourcing?

I own a small Safety And Apparel company and am going to start sourcing and selling GHB's.

Wanted to ask this group of elite survivalists about what they like in a bag.

I am going to guess the top 3 needs are -

1. Cost.
2. Weight.
3. Durability.

Other Considerations......

Do you all care where it is made? USA? Canada? Mexico? India? China? Latin America?

(I am going to guess - China would be last. All the others are major textile suppliers and would be fine)

Color? - Tan- Black- Digital Camo?

Weight - >1-3 LBS? Total? Unloaded?

Do you like MOLLE Systems?

Size? Small- Med Large?

Material? Nylon Cordura? Canvas?

My goal is to keep this EXTREMELY simple.

THANK YOU !!!!
My input--- think modded out Jansport "right pack". Too many manufactures are making tactical looking GHBs. I'd prefer to look like the unprepared millennial. The giant tactical bags are overpriced and basically paint a giant "get that guy" sign on the user. Make a right pack and mod it out with upgraded zippers and internal organization and keep costs as low as possible--- probably $75-$100. Bam... Backpack sold to the silent majority of nearly broke scared people who are not really as into that tactical stuff as they think they are. GL and if you make it def let me know. I will buy several for the fam.

I own a small Safety And Apparel company and am going to start sourcing and selling GHB's.

Wanted to ask this group of elite survivalists about what they like in a bag.

I am going to guess the top 3 needs are -

1. Cost.
2. Weight.
3. Durability.

Other Considerations......

Do you all care where it is made? USA? Canada? Mexico? India? China? Latin America?

(I am going to guess - China would be last. All the others are major textile suppliers and would be fine)

Color? - Tan- Black- Digital Camo?

Weight - >1-3 LBS? Total? Unloaded?

Do you like MOLLE Systems?

Size? Small- Med Large?

Material? Nylon Cordura? Canvas?

My goal is to keep this EXTREMELY simple.

THANK YOU !!!!
To answer the basic questions--
Cost- $75-$100

Size/weight-- medium/small (when I think GHB- I think "get from where I am to my house in disasters/unrest" so shouldn't need a whole lot as mostly I am at work)

Color- options for males/females/neutral--- probably 2 of each.

Molle- yes but internal only as that stuff spells "get him"

Material-- doesn't matter as long as it's somewhat water resistant and durable (think walking the 20 miles home in rain and die hard gun sling scene in the elvator)

Keep it covert--- like seriously. 5.11 and other folks sell "covert" stuff too. And it's anything but covert. May be covert at a police lunch in or at a 3 letter agency. But hardly covert in the real world.

The answer to using a tactical back or any back back in SHTF is to disguise the bag. Put a walmart bag over it, Trash bag, etc....I would not look twice at you looking like a bag man. BUT I do look if you're covered in Molle....and not the sauce...

Back
Top Bottom