• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get a load of this

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
One of my best friend since the 7th grade went out this week and dipped a butt load of money. Now when you think butt load it might bee 3 or 4 thousand bucks over a 3 day period. Pocket change in this case.
He hadn't touched a firearm since 2016 and we were members of RBGC ( River Bend ). So he gets a wild hair and he says something told him to get ready. He goes out and purchases a HK MR762A1 ( hell of a rifle ) for $3,700. Then buys a Ruger small frame AR 7.62/ 308 rifle 900 bucks. Then to top it off a Benelli tactical shotgun with a titanium finish 3000 large. So far we are at $7700 ballparked. Then to top off the gun buys he buys ten 1000 round cases of 7.62mm ammo for a grand a pop. So that's a grand total of 17,700 before tax in about 4 days time.
I couldn't believe it and actually thought he was trying to pull a Greg Vess and laying in the bulls**t and see if I would bite. However I told him to send pics just to verify the information before I bit. Sure enough he is telling the truth on this one. 4 purchased 18,000 ( close enough after tax ) in 4 days on guns he will probably never shoot. I am simply floored.
I wish I had his kind of money. He has it made, he works for his wife owes here own business. All he does is save money and I imagine he makes a good lick since her expenses for getting back and forth to work are covered since it's her job as well.

Hope he has a good safe, and what about a sidearm?
He had well over 30/40 guns and had multiple Kimber 1911's in hand with piles of ammo in storage to go with it. Self defense wise I think he is taken care of his self. His problem is going to be food and hunting. He has never hunted a day in his life. Well birds with a BB gun maybe. LOL

I was inclined to agree with your "he has it made" statement until you said he works for his wife
He banked well over $200,000 before he even worked for his wife and he still had that after he bought 40 guns and enough ammo to hold off an army. He just wanted to get into a different business. He did build and sell rustic Mountain furniture for rich clients out of Florida. They had more business than they could keep up with and he made a killing there. He just took that job I guess 10 years ago so when he was 46 years old. She just needed the help and he's a good worker and pays close attention to detail which is important in that business. Him working for his wife is a brilliant decision for both of them. She is paying her top man ( her husband) and it goes back into both of their retirement fund. It is not a bad move. These days it's couples making those kinds of moves that will make them extremely comfortable in their retirement. I wouldn't look down on him for that. It is a very smart decision for them both.

Can’t take it with you but now he needs the think about getting familiar with them and putting back some grub and a water source.
I told him he had never get a chance to use it. I I said the same thing to him last night. My exact words were " All those guns and all that ammo are going to just sit there and corrode. ". As of right now he doesn't even have a place to shoot. We both joined Riverbend Gun Club about the same time and he went about five times and then never went back.

Back
Top Bottom