• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gauging interest for Simunitions-based force-on-force training

I am pretty sure you will want to have more protection that that......a paintball travels at about 90 m/second......the 5.56 simunitions round travels at over 190 m/second and the 9mm round pushes 150 m/ second (if I remember correctly)......I have not personally used these, but a friend of mine did some training with a Glock 19 lower and simunitions upper and said the little bastards really hurt and left some good bruises when you took a round and it missed all the safety gear.
Hence why I asked. Not sure what other gear is needed and if said gear will have any usefulness in the future.

With Simunitions in my courses, the minimum required safety gear is a Simunitions-brand helmet and throat protector. I don't allow anything else for head/face/throat protection.

Students are also required to provide some sort of groin protection of your choosing.

Personally, I do not recommend any gear beyond that, nor do I use any. Yes, Simunitions hurt, but that is one of the teaching points: you may take hits in a gunfight, and they may hurt, but you keep on fighting. If you bundle up like the Michelin Man, kinda defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
mikey357, I believe I have locked on a location for the Level I and II training. Working out the particulars, I'll post more when it has solidified.

Pretty funny when I have the live-fire shoot house locked on, but have a hard time for a venue for the rest!

Back
Top Bottom