• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gauging interest for Simunitions-based force-on-force training

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
I am looking to see what kind of serious interest we have here for Simunitions-based, force-on-force training with Precision Applications, LLC.

There is specialized, required equipment for this sort of training that students will need to provide. If you are interested, contact me via IM or email and I can go over it with you.

I am looking at purchasing the protective gear as well as the weapon conversion kits and I prefer to do it all at one time, not a few here and there. That is a PITA and I get better pricing if I order in one fell swoop.

Students will get to keep the conversion kits and protective gear as their own.

This gear is for Level II of the 3 level course I am offering; Residential Room Clearing & Response To Active Shooter. Each level is 2 days in length.

Level I: Walk through, dry runs and discussions. Basically......The Basics

Level II: Force-on-force with Simunitions

Level III: Live-fire shoothouse.

Each level is a prereq for the next level. Many of you have already taken the Level I with me already and are GTG for Level II. I have the live-fire shoothouse all locked on and am wanting to push forward with a schedule for the entire program for late summer/early fall.

SEMPER Fi!

What do you ballpark the cost at for level two? How much and how long is the level 1? Feel free to answer by PM, if you prefer.

I don't have pricing set yet. The different levels will not cost the same as they require dissimilar equipment and will be taught at various facilities that charge me different rates for rental.

Probably looking at about $400 for the Level I (covers both days). Level II will probably be the same, or slightly more depending upon equipment costs. Level III will cost more as 2 days rental of a live-fire shoothouse isn't cheap, plus my added expenses for running a course out of town for the weekend, e.g., fuel, food, lodgings.

Semper Fi!

We talking pistol or bring your AR lower type activity? What is the required equipment besides a cup for the ol twig n berries and a paintball mask?

We talking pistol or bring your AR lower type activity? What is the required equipment besides a cup for the ol twig n berries and a paintball mask?

I am pretty sure you will want to have more protection that that......a paintball travels at about 90 m/second......the 5.56 simunitions round travels at over 190 m/second and the 9mm round pushes 150 m/ second (if I remember correctly)......I have not personally used these, but a friend of mine did some training with a Glock 19 lower and simunitions upper and said the little bastards really hurt and left some good bruises when you took a round and it missed all the safety gear.

Back
Top Bottom