• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Prices

I might be in favor of a rail system that is funded and run by a private corporation. Then it would survive or die based on actual merit.

Am I in favor of more rail systems here, not at this time. There are other issues that need to be addressed before you would even have a hope of one being successful. But I am not in favor of anything being subsidized. If it has to be subsidized, it is either poorly designed, poorly managed, or just a bad idea.
We're on the same page...

I know you are an Atheist, so this won't mean much to you, but..

I work from home and any time I have to drive into Atlanta, I feel so blessed that I don't have to deal with that mess every day. I remember one time it took me 3 hours to make what is normally a 1 hour drive.

I'll just substitute "thankful" and I totally understand. lol

No, no it isn't. That's exactly how it was everywhere that I've lived. My 11 year old daughter walked to the train every day and took it to school...alone. And I felt totally comfortable doing it.

Yea, I remember all the school kids getting on the trains in the morning. It confused me the first few days, thought it was kids skipping school.

Yeah, cheaper than a car. In Koln it was about $80 for a month of unlimited riding. It was all on the honor system..kind of. You could ride without a ticket, but if you were caught by a conductor it was a 100 euro fine.
You also believe the 'cost' is simply the amount of the fare. I get it.

It would never be built. There's not a corporation in the world that stupid. Only the government is that idiotic.

Portland's TriMet and Max light rail are great examples of a decent American system at work....and profitable.

Back
Top Bottom