• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Prices

It is indeed relative. Hopefully 'affordable' is not relative. Can you define that?

Yeah, cheaper than a car. In Koln it was about $80 for a month of unlimited riding. It was all on the honor system..kind of. You could ride without a ticket, but if you were caught by a conductor it was a 100 euro fine.

Imagine being able to walk out your door and in less that 200 yards be able to go to a clean and safe station where the train comes every 3-5 minutes and will get you to within 200 yards of any point in the city.

Yeah I had that dream onetime too. Scared me to death, the worst nightmare I could imagine. Thankfully I woke up, in a cold sweat and scared, but I woke up to find that I was still safely living in the Country and still driving 2 hours to work every day to avoid living in the city. Man that was a rough one, hope I never imagine that again.

The clean and safe part is just on "Fantasy Island"

Pretty bad-ass? Pretty lame-ass.

What is this love affair progressives have with mass transit?

Give me a good old-fashioned American V8. And no car-pooling either.

lol, I have a good old fashioned v8 and I appreciate not having to deal with the headache of traffic and parking sometimes. It's really that simple.

So you also define 'affordable' and 'cost' as just the fare price? You, I assume, realize there is not a single rail system in the United States (and apparently only two in the entire world) that aren't subsidized.
So my question is, given the FACT that it is not profitable ANYWHERE in the United States and they are all publicly subsidized are you in favor of even more rail here?

Am I in favor of more rail systems here, not at this time. There are other issues that need to be addressed before you would even have a hope of one being successful. But I am not in favor of anything being subsidized. If it has to be subsidized, it is either poorly designed, poorly managed, or just a bad idea.

Yeah I had that dream onetime too. Scared me to death, the worst nightmare I could imagine. Thankfully I woke up, in a cold sweat and scared, but I woke up to find that I was still safely living in the Country and still driving 2 hours to work every day to avoid living in the city. Man that was a rough one, hope I never imagine that again.

The clean and safe part is just on "Fantasy Island"

No, no it isn't. That's exactly how it was everywhere that I've lived. My 11 year old daughter walked to the train every day and took it to school...alone. And I felt totally comfortable doing it.

You are partially right. Americans have a dislike for public transit because of the reputation we have built with ****ty mass transit systems. The funny thing is, Americans that have lived places with good systems all seem to change their outlook when they experience a system that is run more efficiently...even on here.
More wishful thinking and just "say it to be true".
I lived in Chicago. Had a long commute and a Metra station literally 2 minutes from my house. I drove my car to work and I'm not in favor of any more subsidized rail anywhere in the U.S. I currently have not one but two forms of public transportation literally at my office. I drive my car. If I lived and worked in NYC (thank you God for big favors....), I'm sure I'd utilize the subway.

Am I in favor of more rail systems here, not at this time. There are other issues that need to be addressed before you would even have a hope of one being successful. But I am not in favor of anything being subsidized. If it has to be subsidized, it is either poorly designed, poorly managed, or just a bad idea.

Hey, take the ethanol subsidy and put it into public transit. At least it'd be a step in the right direction.

So you also define 'affordable' and 'cost' as just the fare price? You, I assume, realize there is not a single rail system in the United States (and apparently only two in the entire world) that aren't subsidized.
So my question is, given the FACT that it is not profitable ANYWHERE in the United States and they are all publicly subsidized are you in favor of even more rail here?

And health care, its affordable too......just saying

lol, I have a good old fashioned v8 and I appreciate not having to deal with the headache of traffic and parking sometimes. It's really that simple.

I know you are an Atheist, so this won't mean much to you, but..

I work from home and any time I have to drive into Atlanta, I feel so blessed that I don't have to deal with that mess every day. I remember one time it took me 3 hours to make what is normally a 1 hour drive.

More wishful thinking and just "say it to be true".
I lived in Chicago. Had a long commute and a Metra station literally 2 minutes from my house. I drove my car to work and I'm not in favor of any more subsidized rail anywhere in the U.S. I currently have not one but two forms of public transportation literally at my office. I drive my car. If I lived and worked in NYC (thank you God for big favors....), I'm sure I'd utilize the subway.

Chicago's public transit sucks balls compared to any euro system I've used...even the maligned Marseille system was much better.

Back
Top Bottom