gardening?

I started some watermelon and sunflower seed inside, want to get an early start. Anyone else started yet?
i have some test seeds started that i got from a questionable source(from store bought veg) i wont be putting them in my garden i just want to see if thay grow.if thay do then i will most likely be giveing them to my brother and mom/dad to grow.

out of 9 planted 2 grew def look strange.i guess ill be tossing thease hob seeds and sticking with the jap seeds harvested from herloom plants bought from sustanable seeds.

noticed Costco has advertised on their website an heirloom seed long term prepackaged bucket. Cost was $49.00 anyone have any experiance with it? Says shelf life is 5 to 10 years.

I've never planted heirlooms, but if I understand correctly they are from old stock and are non hybrid. Is that correct?
I am trying some "organic" seed as well as traditional this year to see if there is a significant difference.

Planted a sunflower seed, that thing has taken off good grief.The other stuff, watermelons,tomatoes, and peppers are plodding along. Failure rate has been decent so far.

RE when to transplant outside, I'm looking at early april , will see what is happening with temps-it can be a crap shoot.

you are correct herlooms are geneticly pure and are not crossbreeds in some casses this makes them better in others not so much.hybrids are usualy breed to be more disease resistant and so fourth but herlooms you can harvest and save the seeds and replant year after year while a hybrid seeds might not grow at all and if it does you never know what the end product will be (the plants may be tall one year with huge peppers then short the next with little or no peppers)
I've never planted heirlooms, but if I understand correctly they are from old stock and are non hybrid. Is that correct?
I am trying some "organic" seed as well as traditional this year to see if there is a significant difference.

Planted a sunflower seed, that thing has taken off good grief.The other stuff, watermelons,tomatoes, and peppers are plodding along. Failure rate has been decent so far.

RE when to transplant outside, I'm looking at early april , will see what is happening with temps-it can be a crap shoot.

Back
Top Bottom