gardening?

adamk222

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
11   0
Reaction score
was just wondering why we dont have a gardening section or at least a sticky seeing as how we are mostly all in the same growing zone so any help we can offer to each other is doubely effective.eaven better yet we could also trade herloom seeds between locals so if you have herlooms that grow good for you thay should grow good for all of us lol.the point im trying to make is in a survival type situation being able to grow your own food is going to be better than pockets full of gold.hell ill start it with the best advice i can in georgia i dont know of any other plant that can feed you and others and be harvested daily other than okra i planted 20 okra seeds last year and i got 20 okra plants and i had so much okra that i dehydrated some,pickled some ate more than i care to remember let 5 pods grow to 6 inches(those are seed stock for this year) gave bags to my friends/family i had okra comeing out my ears. hell i eaven composted some lol.

p.s. ive been drinking so forgive my spelling and punctuation:flypig:

edit: but my point is still valid i think i just walked to the restroom and the walls kept jumping out in front of me it was kinda like bumper cars lol.

Last edited:
I garden and pretty well keep myself in vegetables, etc. during the summer. Do some cool weather crops as well. The bugs about kept me from being too successful last year. However, there are already a good many gardening sites and other sources of information. Don't know that ODT needs to be all things for all people.

I started some watermelon and sunflower seed inside, want to get an early start. Anyone else started yet?

I started my tomatoes and peppers inside. I want to plant green beans and squash as well. My father-in-law advised me to wait until late March/early April.....is he correct? Still a novice when it comes to gardening.

Last edited:
I believe the late March/early April rule is to let the last frost/cold temperatures of the season pass, young plants will die of frost damage very quickly so you don't want to plant outside just before then. Even if daytime weather is good, the temperature drops at night are usually what kill the plant. I'm in for a gardening section, I received a minor in Horticulture when I graduated and keep a backyard vegetable garden every year. I had okra sprout 8 feet last year and I think they would have survived the winter if it wasn't for the snow.

I believe the late March/early April rule is to let the last frost/cold temperatures of the season pass, young plants will die of frost damage very quickly so you don't want to plant outside just before then. Even if daytime weather is good, the temperature drops at night are usually what kill the plant. I'm in for a gardening section, I received a minor in Horticulture when I graduated and keep a backyard vegetable garden every year. I had okra sprout 8 feet last year and I think they would have survived the winter if it wasn't for the snow.

Thanks fro the confirmation. Figured it was a temperature issue.

Back
Top Bottom