• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GA National Fair Canceled

It sucks, we haven't missed it in years. It's going to have a huge impact on the middle GA area. The one positive is how much money I'll save this year.

What's ironic about this is that anybody who's ever been knows you're packed in with 10s of thousands of other nasty folks, Covid is the last thing I'd worry about catching :lol:

Just in case y'all ain't already heard the GA National Fair here in Perry has been cancelled because you know...Covid. I have no idea what the economic impact will be on Perry and Houston Co but I'm sure it's huge. Hell it means losing $4K in fair T shirts my shop won't get to print.
I guess I should've known when I heard that no fans would be allowed at the Masters that the fair would be screwed for sure.

Athens gets 90,000 folks 6 Saturdays a year, in a town with 100,00 residents. Those 6 Saturdays make or break the hospitality industry and a lot of retailers. Not going to happen this year.

We are looking at a major restructuring of the American economy that no one has fully appreciated yet.

Athens gets 90,000 folks 6 Saturdays a year, in a town with 100,00 residents. Those 6 Saturdays make or break the hospitality industry and a lot of retailers. Not going to happen this year.

We are looking at a major restructuring of the American economy that no one has fully appreciated yet.
Collapse is more like it.

I've lost over $15K this year so far and the losses keep mounting from closed events. I hate fear mongerers and the dumb a rocks idiots that follow them. I'd love to take $15K worth of frustration out on some commie piece of ****

What is it that you do that has been so affected?

If you don't want to answer it's cool - I was just curious.

All the Fall outdoor festivals have been cancelled and my wife's soap bidness is on a path to be the worst year ever...we don't rely on that revenue stream but it's a fun sideline.

It sucks, we haven't missed it in years. It's going to have a huge impact on the middle GA area. The one positive is how much money I'll save this year.

What's ironic about this is that anybody who's ever been knows you're packed in with 10s of thousands of other nasty folks, Covid is the last thing I'd worry about catching :lol:

Not many people left to remember the Great Southeastern Fair at what is not Lakewood Park. It was kind of the one event a year my dad took me and my brother to where we could do about anything we wanted to, eat junk food, ride the rides, look at the agricultural exhibits. Joy Chitwood stunt drivers.

The one thing he shuffled us past was the tent with the hoochie coochie dancers, who were usually putting on a mild tease out front.

Sitting here 60 years later with the world wide web at my finger tips, the hoochie coochie girls wouldn't get a rise at Cracker Barrel. I can go to downtown Athens about 11 0'clock and see more hoochie coochie for free than all the $1.00 bills in the world would have bought at the fair.

Back
Top Bottom