• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

G43 but bubba got it

The rear of your receiver where the safety lever is located looks hinky as Hell to me. Some sort of Billt Bob kluge to repair a cracked end. I'd be careful about shooting that. It's supposed to look like this, sans screw plate:
View attachment 1143349

Range time today. Note bring long string!!!! LOL

The rear of your receiver where the safety lever is located looks hinky as Hell to me. Some sort of Billt Bob kluge to repair a cracked end. I'd be careful about shooting that. It's supposed to look like this, sans screw plate:
View attachment 1143349

Yeah, I bet his safety retention clip (1/2 moon thing) kept popping out with the safety.

I've had 4 K43s and had that happen on a few. Pain in the butt and normally requires a wider spring clip.

I think of you take it apart you're gonna find out real fast why he didn't wanna take it apart before trade

It's about the easiest semi-auto rifle to field strip. I wonder why he didn't want to take it apart too.

Are you kidding? That damned bolt has more springs and gadgets that a spaceship! It will spring apart if you don't hold it just right. Feel sorry for the poor guy who had to maintain this thing on the Russian front in the field!

Are you kidding? That damned bolt has more springs and gadgets that a spaceship! It will spring apart if you don't hold it just right. Feel sorry for the poor guy who had to maintain this thing on the Russian front in the field!
Really? I find it quite easy to take apart. It's damned near impossible to put back together wrong. I see the similarity in the SVT-40 and AR-180 systems too.

You all will be happy to know I survived AND the G43 functioned well!

It was US vs Germans top is an Underwood carbine, then a Saginaw S'G' all matching and all early features, then a SA 2.28 Mil Garand w 1954 LMR barrel! It was a nail driver ME2 TE 1+

Germans were a 1940 98k and last but not least the sportorized G43!

Range day 4-20-17.JPG

Back
Top Bottom