• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fusion 1911 build thread...Done! (for real this time) !!

Thanks guys. Loadnplenty, not sure if Im qualified to give any tips just yet, Still at the point where Im suprised when they come out of the salts and look good, LOL. But I hope I can help! Dont think you are too far away, maybe we can blue some guns!

RamRoddoc, I agree, theres just something about a blued gun with wood "stocks" thats just....well, right!

Mark, where did you learn to blue? thats something I would like to do myself

Well, It all started when I got this link from RamRoddoc a few months ago

http://www.blindhogg.com/homemadesalts.html

SO a friend and I got together and broke out the rock Islands and figured "hell, whats the worst that can happen!" we dunked them in the concotion and they came out great!! So Im still learning, and thinking about a bigger bluing setup, but for now this is working great. We blued 4 guns for about $80 including propane this time around.

Theres really not much to it, like anything, its all in the prep work. The hot salts deserve some respect, its 5 lbs of lye and fertilizer in solution well above the boiling point of water, use caution and common sense and its no big deal.
I say go for it!

Last edited:
Markj here is the gun I have in mind. Smith model 36 3 inch. Going to get a hammer before I doing anything though. And to decked out in a nice set of wood grips!!

Markj here is the gun I have in mind. Smith model 36 3 inch. Going to get a hammer before I doing anything though. And to decked out in a nice set of wood grips!!

Oh Heck yeah! get that guy polished up and we will dunk it! should come out real purdy.

Just let me know when you start working on it, we will come up with a plan.
-Mark

Back
Top Bottom