• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Friend's son is in Duluth hospital, just got put on ventilator

Don't know if this is right spot for this, just putting it out there real quick.

She and all three sons had/have COVID. She's getting tested again then heading to the hospital. Her youngest is 27 y/o, I think. She told me they were just now intubating him. I have a very high level mistrust of ventilators, but didn't want too wind her up any more or ask too many questions.
I'm worried. He's young and strong but has a couple of higher risk factors.
I think the other two are in the clear, though the middle one had a temp of close to 104 a couple nights ago.

Wanted to ask for prayers, thank you. His name is Cresson.
Baldilox, prayers for all of that family and you. God heal Cresson and the rest of the family.

Any updates? Prayers sent regardless!
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Tried to post late last night and got a weird dnr server/error message.

He was responding well to meds throughout yesterday. His O2 saturation level had been dangerously low but had improved. His color was better. She told me he was transferred to Piedmont hospital and said she thought they were taking good care of him.

His dad was there with him, which she said was good for her and the other two boys, took some of the weight off - I wasn't sure he was in town, so this was good news.
By the father's and Ann's account, Cresson is improving, and I feel very encouraged. Thank you to everyone who's been praying for him!

I know, it's not me you have to convince. Both parents are there fighting for him, I believe he's getting good treatment. Honestly not sure if that includes ivermectin or regeneron. I do remember Ann saying something about a powerful zinc/other vitamins infusion. And some other powerful meds. Here is part of a text from the father:

Ok, so they took Cresson down. Before they moved him onto the gurney, the procedure they were doing was putting a tube into an artery at his groin area. My understanding is that it's similar to a heart cath, to put a medicine that specifically fights the covid in his lungs
When they called me back, they had him on the gurney and were transfering all the equipment to the gurney. The charge nurse told me that his O2 saturation had greatly improved. It was lower 90s, 92-93 as I remember. It had dropped into the mid 80s
I then talked to his doctor, he said "his blood looks good now, it isn't black anymore". He said his blood is bright red again and his skin is bright pink again.
The entire issue with his kidneys was the low O2, that the kidneys are very sensitive to O2 levels, just as the brain is, and now that they are getting oxygen again, their function is already improved.
The medicine going into the arterial tube hadn't been in him very long, less than an hour, and already making big vital improvements.
Doc said avg time on this medicine...Eno..Edo..something like that, is 18 days. Some are off it in 5 days, some longer. The rapid improvement in a matter of minutes is really encouraging. To not only me, but I could hear in in the doc's voice and expressions.
I called the Piedmont CVICU. Visitation hours are 7am-9pm, one/same person per day. That person can leave to get lunch, etc and return, but must be the same person.

Realized I was doing a poor job of relaying what I heard, so just attached the text that was sent yesterday afternoon, I think.

Hi, here is an update sent from the father earlier today:

I just got off the phone with Melissa, Cresson's nurse today.
He is doing great. She had just been in his room and was talking to him. His eyes were open and he was answering questions. He says he's in no pain still.
The list: O2 saturation - 92%; creatinine (kidney function) - 3.15 still elevated, but still coming down. Was 3.6 yesterday.
Vent O2 ratio at 50%; ECMO O2 ratio at 100%
Renal team did not give him diuretic last night, he is producing plenty of urine without help
Another good report, more improvement, no pain, alert & responsive. Everything moving the right direction ❤

Meanwhile Ann (his mom) is feeling worse and running a fever. Her other two sons are sick as well, though not as bad as she is. I'm concerned about her. She has family bringing her what she needs, but I feel like she could seek more aggressive treatment.

I know you have to spread around the prayers, but please keep her family in mind if you can. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom