• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franklin Armory BFS-III binary trigger

I picked up the Franklin one last year. Installed in an Anderson lower to test it out. Ran a PSA upper on it with no issues. Put a Bravo Company upper on it and can't get more than a shot or two before it fails. Threw it in the safe and haven't messed with it since...
Interested in trading for something?

You may be making it up as you go, but it sounds like it's working out for you!

I've heard that Wolf and Tula both have pretty hard primers, so I bet the increased power spring will probably help.

It's actually pretty easy to modify a milspec LPK to fire on pull and release just like the BFS and Echo triggers, but it's still only two-position so you lose normal "semi" function and if you run it too fast you'll get hammer follow. That's with a standard buffer though.

Yeah, it looks like there's at least one company doing just that.

I don't know if it's BS or not, but the CEO of one of these put up his own video explaining why that was technically making a machine gun since there is no guaranteed secondary disconnect.

Yeah, it looks like there's at least one company doing just that.

I don't know if it's BS or not, but the CEO of one of these put up his own video explaining why that was technically making a machine gun since there is no guaranteed secondary disconnect.
Yeah, I've watched that same vid. The guy is the owner of Franklin I think.

I have no idea if he's actually right, or if he's just knocking the competition.

Either way, a modded standard LPK isn't ideal anyway because you lose the regular semi mode all together.

You MIGHT be able to get one to run in a 3-position configuration if you used a modified M16 selector and disconnector, but that would be illegal for sure just because of the parts you used.

Back
Top Bottom