Form 4 for supressor

You go with this as an individual or trust? I used the kiosk at QRF on Wednesday as an individual.... Was told 6-8 months

A very painless process

Yea individual is moving faster. I suspect half of it has to do with how people are getting around responsible parties not having to send in all the prints and stuff. Examiners have to make sure trust are still valid. The other half is probably verifying the prints.

My 10/22 SBR form 1 individual, post 41P/F, went pending Mar 16 2017 and approved Nov 06 2017 so that was around 8 months during the hype time. I'm seeing them slowly come down. I've got 3 more stamps pending; one filed April, one filed May, one filed today. I update as things approved on our NFA thread but I'm seeing them start to come back to the unfortunate regular pre 41p times of 6-8 months as opposed to 10 months to a year plus.

Boy I remember back in the day when e-file opened up my buddy SBRd a Zenith MP-5pk clone and it approved in 40 something days. It was awesome.
My other friend I work with was one of the last guys to squeeze into e-file and it took his over a year to finally come through.

Playing th NFA wait time game is about as hard as playing the stock market. Sometimes you're surprised, most the time you're dragging *** getting pulled through the ringer. Once things approve everyone has a smile on their face

You have to have it shipped to a local dealer. You would think they could handle the Form 4 and ship it to you but its just like a firearm, has to get shipped to local class 3 dealer and then you have to fill out the 4473

Thanks. I know it's considered a firearm so they need to transfer to a class 3 dealer. I guess my question is do they transfer to your dealer right away after purchase or do they wait until the form 4 comes back before they'll ship it. Can you buy it and have it shipped to your dealer right away and file your form 4 on your own or through your dealer or do they handle all form 4's? Sorry, I hope I'm making sense....

Thanks. I know it's considered a firearm so they need to transfer to a class 3 dealer. I guess my question is do they transfer to your dealer right away after purchase or do they wait until the form 4 comes back before they'll ship it. Can you buy it and have it shipped to your dealer right away and file your form 4 on your own or through your dealer or do they handle all form 4's? Sorry, I hope I'm making sense....

They have to wait until the Form 3 (Dealer to dealer, no $200 tax) to get approved. Then they ship. Your dealer will then file the Form 4.

Back
Top Bottom