• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Form 1 SBR on Form 4 Transfer who do i list as manufacturer?

Blk03shkr

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
96   0
Reaction score
Transferring a couple form 1 SBRs, currently registered to me as an individual, to a trust on a form 4, do i list the original lower manufacturer or myself on the form 4 under item 4a "name and address of maker manufacturer and/or importer of firearm"?

Copy what your form 1 says onto the form 4. Done.

On the form 1 i am the applicant, and the box for 4a is "original manufacturer (if any)", thinking i can just list the same info on 4a on the form 1 and form 4 as the original lower manufacturer, but will give atf a call to confirm.

When reading the form 4 instructions it says

(1) Item 4a. please provide the name and address of the maker, manufacturer or importer of the firearm. If there are additional makers, manufacturers, or importers, include this information in item 4h or on a separate sheet of paper.

So sounds like i would list the original manufacturer in 4a and myself in 4h.

Called and they indicated that is the correct way to do it.

When reading the form 4 instructions it says

(1) Item 4a. please provide the name and address of the maker, manufacturer or importer of the firearm. If there are additional makers, manufacturers, or importers, include this information in item 4h or on a separate sheet of paper.

So sounds like i would list the original manufacturer in 4a and myself in 4h.

Called and they indicated that is the correct way to do it.

Thank you for clarifying and posting the correct approach as this helps us all later on!

Back
Top Bottom