Ford Raptor - Are they really that awesome?

Actually your lul weighs 23k. I suppose you didn't have to change the trailer tires from broken belts either.... everytime I put the D5 on our we get 8 new tires...
8 17.5" wheels with Michelin X1 4800lb tires, handled it just fine.
+ 6000
+ 7000
+ 16000
= 23000?
Really? Is that Chevy math? (Maybe you meant just the forklift at 23k, but no, that one is either 16k or 18k)
Because I get 38,000 total

Last edited:
I drove a 2013 Raptor for about 6 months. It drove great and had plenty of room, but..........gas mileage was worse than most people say and it wouldn't even fit in some of the woods I wanted to take it. Too wide and not built for anything except high speed desert type driving. Reliability was good over 13,000 miles but mileage was 9-13 mpg and it was costing $120 to fill it up (high gas price time and 36 gallon tank). Bad thing is most debit cards have a $75-100 authorizing limit, so I always had to use two cards when it was empty......LOL.

The new model will use the Eco-Boost and that should make things much better. I would recommend it to someone that doesn't need to offroad that much, but likes driving really fast on dirt roads or desert. Not the most durable frame and I wouldn't recommend doing a lot of bumps. I didn't have a problem with mine, but didn't get too insane on high speed off road runs. The cost of mine was the same price as a standard F150 with the same features. And, when I traded it in after 6 months, the dealer gave me $6,000 more than I paid because the supply was so low and everyone wanted the black with low mileage. I still spent a fortune in gas though......

8 17.5" wheels with Michelin X1 4800lb tires, handled it just fine.
+ 6000
+ 7000
+ 16000
= 23000?
Really? Is that Chevy math? (Maybe you meant just the forklift at 23k, but no, that one is either 16k or 18k)
Because I get 38,000 total

Lul = gradal = forklift, im saying your forklift weighs 23k. Your board Weight and scaffold weight is something I can't look up without seeing it and I wasn't calling you a liar. I haul a 31k lb D5 and like you the trailer is around 9K but I'm doing it with a single rear wheel 3/4 ton.

We both know a ford won't get far like that...

Last edited:
Lul = gradal = forklift, im saying your forklift weighs 23k. Your board Weight and scaffold weight is something I can't look up without seeing it and I wasn't calling you a liar. I haul a 31k lb D5 and like you the trailer is around 9K but I'm doing it with a single rear wheel 3/4 ton.

We both know a ford won't get far like that...

Actually the older 7.3 Fords do just fine with an upgraded transmission cooler and synthetics throughout.
(This is my cousin's company and I invested with him back in the day...he had a 2000 F350 with over 400k of heavy towing...went through a few transmissions in the beginning...after the F350 was totaled in a wreck, I suggested a Dodge 3500 due to the simpler and more reliable power train...but, the Ford was superior at everything else, especially suspension, brakes, body, interior, comfort, A/C, etc was far better than the Dodge)
The 6.0 and 6.4 Ford diesels are not worth the hassle.
The newer 6.7 Ford is excellent throughout. But not cheap. If you're on a budget or if you tow for a living, go with a Dodge.

Actually the older 7.3 Fords do just fine with an upgraded transmission cooler and synthetics throughout.
(This is my cousin's company and I invested with him back in the day...he had a 2000 F350 with over 400k of heavy towing...went through a few transmissions in the beginning...after the F350 was totaled in a wreck, I suggested a Dodge 3500 due to the simpler and more reliable power train...but, the Ford was superior at everything else, especially suspension, brakes, body, interior, comfort, A/C, etc was far better than the Dodge)
The 6.0 and 6.4 Ford diesels are not worth the hassle.
The newer 6.7 Ford is excellent throughout. But not cheap. If you're on a budget or if you tow for a living, go with a Dodge.
I had a 99 7.3 6 speed 1 ton but it couldn't quiet handle what this 3/4 ton does (it's 16 years newer). I'm still getting mixed reports on the 6.7.
The older dodge Cummings were the ultimate power house but back then dodge couldn't figure out how to build a transmission.

Now back to the OPs question, my neighbor/friend with the roush raptor has nothing but love for it and he has more than 3 of every flavor made and drives a different vehicle every day.

The Ecoboost has been in the F150 for 5 years. Why don't you think they test their stuff?
Because of the 6.0s all self destructing in a few thousand miles

If ford had tested them they would have discovered whatever flaw caused half of em to blow up after a few thousand miles

So because the have a problem with one engine that means that all their 30 other engines without problems obviously don't get tested properly. Got it.

I just looked on auto trader and there are a lot of 6.0 engines with more than 50k miles. They obviously all didn't fail. What was the actual failure rate for those? (take number that failed and divide by the total number sold)

So because the have a problem with one engine that means that all their 30 other engines without problems obviously don't get tested properly. Got it.

I just looked on auto trader and there are a lot of 6.0 engines with more than 50k miles. They obviously all didn't fail. What was the actual failure rate for those? (take number that failed and divide by the total number sold)
No. It does it mean all of em are junk
It just means I'm got gonna pay them tens of thousands of dollars to be their tester!

The 4.8 and 5.4 gas engines had the spark plugs that broke off inside the motor , remember ?

They obviously didn't do a long term test on those engines or it would have been discovered

And then the ones that didn't break the spark plugs would spit them out. Because some genius at ford thought that the spark plug engaging 3 threads would be plenty to hold it in the engine

And all the trouble they had with the fuel pump control module bolted above the spare tire on 150s. A 9th grade science class can tell you what happens when you bolt dis-similar metals together
The brainiacs at ford bolted the aluminum controller to the steel frame with no bushings or washers or anything

Then the ones that didn't have that had the fuel pump relay soldered permanently into the fusebox
The repair for the power windows plugs in , and can be swapped in 4 seconds
But the fuel pump relay. The one thing that leaves you stranded , ford thought it wild be a brilliant idea to solder it to the fusebox so you can't swap out a different relay and be moving again in two minutes. Plus you have to buy a $400 fusebox from the dealer , no point is getting a used one at a junkyard since they are all defective

Shall I go on ?

I think I will

The coil packs on my 97 Toyota were working fine at 340k when I sold it

The coil packs on fords might last 80 K

The flapper doors in the Hvac system on the expeditions and explorers almost always fail because of a tiny plastic gear that breaks
Because ford was too cheap to spend an extra three cents and make it out of metal. And because they never tested it , else they would have discovered it was total crap

Or perhaps they did test it and knew about it and just didn't give a crap. Like GM and the ignition switches

That was the case eight the explorer rollover tire debacle
Ford KNEW they had problems with the tires . They had problems in Saudis Arabia and Venezuela with them YEARS before the problems started in the U.S.

But ford secretly replaced the tires on the vehicles and secretly reflashed the computers in those two countries to lower the top speed

Great, but how many people died because Ford DID NOTHING about it in the states ??

The few lawsuits that did get filed Ford just paid them off with hush money. Until a parent of a dead explorer driver turners down their one million. Turned down their three million. Told ford they didn't care about money. They cared about the truth
Once ford could no longer buy a non disclosure agreement with the person that sued them. All their paperwork and memos became public
Proving that they new about it and did nothing

Back
Top Bottom