• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FNH Five SeveN

Alvaropineros

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   1
Reaction score
Went to the range today and played with her for a while and here are some notes.
Pistol: FNH Five SeveN
Cal: 5.7x28
Ammo: FN Blue tips
Range: Range Guns and Safes in Pleasantdale rd.
The gun is an all poly full size; even the slide cover is poly, (very light even when loaded). Comes with accessory rail, it has an ambidextrous safety lever. 3 dot adjustable sights. 2 20 rds magazines and a 1 30rds magazine for extra fun. The gun feels very solid, very light and very slim. The grip is slim but long, due to the ammo, It is made in polymer with some aggressive pattern, but it fit in my hands nicely. One thing I must mention is that I like the little lip in the back of the slide.
At the range I first started at 10yrds. 1 mag and all centered. Next I went to 15yrds, 2 mags and almost all centered but some going left. Then I went to 25yrds, and hit 10rds. Hitting 8’s 9;s and 1 X. Next, I shot back at 15yrds but at high speed and noticed the rounds were going high and right, But mostly 9’s.
Over all, I noticed that the gun is very accurate out of the box. The gun is light but with very little recoil. It feels like a 32auto. It took me a little while to get used to the sights, but I can see why all the rave about the gun. One thing I noticed was the sound of the bullets at the backstop, and how it went thru the paper without moving it.
I think that it could make an interesting carry pistol, light weight and lots of power.
I need to practice some more with it.
Questions, comments and feedback are welcome.

Keep practicing with it. The bullet drop on it is about 1/2" at 100 yards thus making longer shot possible. I have no problem hitting pie plate size targets at 100yds. Very fun gun to shoot, but I don't think I would carry it because of the lack of knock down power. Very fast bullets for sure.

So I was invited to a shooting afternoon in north Georgia this past weekend, and took my FNH 5.7 among other items (hk p30, beretta m9, hk p7, Fnh 5.7, sig p226 and others). we shot at metal targets at 50yrd and 75yrd and some orange cones elevated to about 10ft. I wanted to test the effective range.all of us hit our targets. I must say, I'm very, very impressed, the recoil on this gun is next to nothing. and it is a true pleasure to shoot it.

Hows the availability/price of ammo.

That seems to be the only drawback as far as I can see. Lots of websites are either out of 5.7, or its pricey.

As compared to a 50 round box of 9mm its about double.

Thoughts?

i own a 5.7 and i enjoy shooting it, finding ammo is the only draw back i have had ..only found 1 place locally that sells it and they can hardly keep it in stock
my local academy sports dont sell it, but i wish they did
very accurate gun straight out the box, very low recoil and i love the hi capacity mag

Back
Top Bottom