Flippers gonna flip

Statements like these always make me chuckle.

The Bill of Rights doesn't grant specific rights. Those rights are inalienable. The Bill of Rights LIMITS government infringement on those inalienable rights. Doesn't mean an employer or internet forum can't limit your rights to free speech as a condition of employment or use of said forum. You have the right to beat feet at any time.
It was meant to be a joke

That’s where you are wrong. You can pm the seller and tell him he’s overpriced, where it sells cheaper, your lack of approval, whatever. You can even PM other members and share your opinion.

What you can’t do is publicly call out sellers and tell other people your opinion on the pricing of an item that you have nothing to do with and quite frankly is none of your business.

I've had friends get points and even ban threats from mods due to what they said in PMs. Nothing is safe from the overlords

That’s where you are wrong. You can pm the seller and tell him he’s overpriced, where it sells cheaper, your lack of approval, whatever. You can even PM other members and share your opinion.

What you can’t do is publicly call out sellers and tell other people your opinion on the pricing of an item that you have nothing to do with and quite frankly is none of your business.

I've made my peace with it today. Yesterday's vent is not today's problem. It's Friday, so I think there's a rule telling me what I can complain about

Aint America great!
the seller can ask what he wants and the buyer can pay what he wants --
if somebody wants to pay more than the weapon is worth, lucky seller --
as attributed to pt barnum, "a sucker is born every day" --

while you may not be able to comment I do believe you can leave a laughing face ==
For the time being at least...

I've had friends get points and even ban threats from mods due to what they said in PMs. Nothing is safe from the overlords
True, even in PMs you should be, at the very least, reasonably respectful.

You mentioned that you want to be able to tell someone they are “retarded”
While I’m sure you will deny this, I’m sure you would not go around insulting people to their face.
All we ask for is that people be respectful here. That is not too much to ask.

While I’m sure you will deny this, I’m sure you would not go around insulting people to their face.
In respect to his question about private messages, is it appropriate to chime in on private conversations of other people that you listen in on? With respect to consistency, I'm curious on the stance here. Also, is it respectful to listen in on other people's private conversations?

What website allows you to call out sellers on their pricing besides Facebook groups? What retail store will allow you to walk around putting notes on items telling people they are overpriced?

What you are asking for doesn’t exist anywhere in society successfully.
I can think of one. A site very similar in concept to this one.
And it's, apparently, as successful the (current) owner wants it to be (whoever that is).

Ok, I get that. And frankly, like I said, I'm pretty over it all already. Just had to vent.

Isn't that what the pasture is for?

In respect to his question about private messages, is it appropriate to chime in on private conversations of other people that you listen in on? With respect to consistency, I'm curious on the stance here. Also, is it respectful to listen in on other people's private conversations?
If you read the user agreement you agreed to you would know that we can if needed check private messages. We don’t randomly scan messages, but for feedback, reports, scammers and some other limited reasons we may review PMs.

There are only a few staff that can see PMs

As about respect? If everyone had “respect” for others we would have no need for review, laws, or or such. Unfortunately that is not the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom