FIXED, thanks to Ottoman!!! HVAC - Outside unit's fan doesn't spin

I agree with this most of the time. But a fan not spinning about anyone can diagnose, turn ac on, go outside, and spin the fan with sticking a screw driver down into it. If it spins then, get a 15- 20 dollar capacitor. Just make sure its discharged before you go grabbing wires off. AC guy will charge you 150 to install, crazy.

I agree with this most of the time. But a fan not spinning about anyone can diagnose, turn ac on, go outside, and spin the fan with sticking a screw driver down into it. If it spins then, get a 15- 20 dollar capacitor. Just make sure its discharged before you go grabbing wires off. AC guy will charge you 150 to install, crazy.
Yeah a capacitor is a cheap part but you gotta use the right size for your system. Probably why OPs still isn't working.

I totally agree with you! captdave77 captdave77 has fixed my AC several times over the years...Mine finally needed to be replaced..I trust Dave. He agreed it was time to replace mine it was 19 years and not worth repairing again. I am glad he did, since he installed the unit it runs like the Energizer bunny..Also more efficient and electric bills are down do to this superior unit..Thanks Dave!

I totally agree with you! captdave77 captdave77 has fixed my AC several times over the years...Mine finally needed to be replaced..I trust Dave. He agreed it was time to replace mine it was 19 years and not worth repairing again. I am glad he did, since he installed the unit it runs like the Energizer bunny..Also more efficient and electric bills are down do to this superior unit..Thanks Dave!
I miss you brother.

Our world has gone to **** in the last 8 months. I have never been so sickened in my life as I am right now seeing all that is going on.

I miss you brother.

Our world has gone to **** in the last 8 months. I have never been so sickened in my life as I am right now seeing all that is going on.
As I watched our Fallen Brothers coming off the plane, I was in a Rage!!!! Our Brothers died because of Biden...Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..I miss you as well Brother!

UPDATE: here is the issue. this line went into the compressor. I think I would have NEVER found this w/o Ottoman's help. I understand now why he is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED, the guy is a genuine NICE GUY!!! an INVALUABLE friend to have. if everyone was like Ottoman, we would not need guns (as they would have no place here)! THANKS for recommending him!!! I know who's going to take care of ALL my (& friends/family's) HVAC needs in the future!!!

1630532649761.png

Back
Top Bottom