• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fitting J Frame Barrel to K Frame

MMatt30

Default rank <5000 posts
Hey.....pull my finger.
24   0
Reaction score
Would I be able to put a M37 J frame barrel on a Model 10 K Frame. I see where J&G has M10s without barrels and I have a M37 with a cracked frame that would be the perfect donnor for this project.

I wouldn't want a K frame snubby anyway.
We have one in the family, and it's only a collectors item.
Nobody wants to carry it or shoot it much.

What I would want to do about putting a barrel on a K-frame Smith & Wesson revolver that's missing a barrel is to have a gunsmith install an extra long barrel that came off of some other firearm, probably a rifle or carbine.
Think Buntline special!

Maybe the barrel was originally chambered in something like 35 Remington, .35 Whelen, or 357 magnum( from a lever action carbine).
Now a 12.5" inch section of it could be cut off, machined down, threaded, and screwed in place for the revolver's barrel.

Would I be able to put a M37 J frame barrel on a Model 10 K Frame. I see where J&G has M10s without barrels and I have a M37 with a cracked frame that would be the perfect donnor for this project.

K-frame 3" barrels, cut off at 3" by some other entity,
for only 18 bucks--with tax and shipping it's under 25.
I'd give this a try. Shows in stock now.

92C4707C-0127-4833-A5EE-877398497791.jpeg

Nothing, why?

The OP is asking about Model 10 guns that are missing their barrels,
and what I found at Gunparts Corp. are S&W used K frame 38 special barrels cut off to 3 inches. Perfect match for those frames (except maybe for the issue about the ejector rod length and head diameter?)

Stupid question I'm sure, but how does a company end up with a bunch of used revolvers without barrels?

Nothing, why?

The OP is asking about Model 10 guns that are missing their barrels,
and what I found at Gunparts Corp. are S&W used K frame 38 special barrels cut off to 3 inches. Perfect match for those frames (except maybe for the issue about the ejector rod length and head diameter?)
Ejector rods are set up for 2 inch.

Back
Top Bottom