• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First Kayak

Anybody have a recommendation for either of these Kayaks? Like I said, going cheap because I have a nice John boat for 95% of the waters I'll hit and not sure if the yak life is for me or not

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.png
    image.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 20
Anybody have a recommendation for either of these Kayaks? Like I said, going cheap because I have a nice John boat for 95% of the waters I'll hit and not sure if the yak life is for me or not

If you want something affordable and don't mind a drive, check these guys out. They sell the same thing as Walmart.

://m.facebook.com/allstardiscountwarehouse

anything NOT from Dick's

I have questions, are they more stable than a canoe? Can you stand and fish or is it sit down only?
the width aids in determining stability. most of your stand up SOT fishing Kayaks are going _W_I_D_E_ and stable, but you lose speed. but its a fair trade as you typically aren't going for speed in a fishing 'yak anyways.

Ocean touring yaks are narrow and long.
Rec 'yaks (recreational kayaks) are shorter and slightly wider

I Find that the sit in Anglers are a nice trade off.

I could probably stand in mine, but I'm a chicken-**** and dont like being wet...

I gotta go check this place out. I love these kinda places.

I went and looked one time when I was working in the area. The boats are all seconds. Some are off color, missing things like drain hole plugs, hole covers trim pieces etc. But nothing major
The hulls are in good shape. I almost bought one when I was there because it was so cheap, but we already have 4 kayaks and a canoe so I decided against it

I went and looked one time when I was working in the area. The boats are all seconds. Some are off color, missing things like drain hole plugs, hole covers trim pieces etc. But nothing major
The hulls are in good shape. I almost bought one when I was there because it was so cheap, but we already have 4 kayaks and a canoe so I decided against it

I primarily want one of the little youth kayaks on the cheap.

I primarily want one of the little youth kayaks on the cheap.

Seams like they were around $50. But that was last winter when selling kayaks was not at its peak. Still a cool place. Cheap coolers and Legos. I don't know why, but I bought my little one more Legos even though he has container after container of them!

Back
Top Bottom