• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

First Kayak

20160624_191430.jpg
20160624_173051.jpg
20160624_170714.jpg
20160624_171338.jpg
20160624_180830.jpg

20160624_191734.jpg

A fun Friday evening in my kayak with my little one. I finally convinced him to go with me after a little mishap he had last summer. I thought it would be fun for the whole family to spend the day on the river. My oldest and me in our kayaks and my wife and youngest in our canoe. NOT A GOOD IDEA! About halfway down, she flipped the canoe and freaked the little oneout.

Finally got him back on the water and he had a ball! We stopped on an island and caught crawdads and baby frogs
Swung on a Tarzan vine off rocks and caught fish!. He wants his own kayak now.

View attachment 815249 View attachment 815250 View attachment 815251 View attachment 815253 View attachment 815254
View attachment 815255

A fun Friday evening in my kayak with my little one. I finally convinced him to go with me after a little mishap he had last summer. I thought it would be fun for the whole family to spend the day on the river. My oldest and me in our kayaks and my wife and youngest in our canoe. NOT A GOOD IDEA! About halfway down, she flipped the canoe and freaked the little oneout.

Finally got him back on the water and he had a ball! We stopped on an island and caught crawdads and baby frogs
Swung on a Tarzan vine off rocks and caught fish!. He wants his own kayak now.

I let mine paddle out from the ramp a little ways and back and now I am suppose to have him his own kayak before we go again on Sunday, according to him lol. That ain't happening, but I got an eye out for one.

A fun Friday evening in my kayak with my little one. I finally convinced him to go with me after a little mishap he had last summer. I thought it would be fun for the whole family to spend the day on the river. My oldest and me in our kayaks and my wife and youngest in our canoe. NOT A GOOD IDEA! About halfway down, she flipped the canoe and freaked the little one out.

I walked Little-Byte out in his kayak so that the water was chest deep to me. We then did roll prevention and roll recovery exercises. sort of a "Train for the worst, hope for the best" thing
Best thing I ever did for his confidence.

I walked Little-Byte out in his kayak so that the water was chest deep to me. We then did roll prevention and roll recovery exercises. sort of a "Train for the worst, hope for the best" thing

This made me think that I hadn't prepared Riley for a possible roll. We got out today and "accidentally" flipped the yak several times. Practiced righting it and reentry in open water. He had a blast and we laughed like crazy. His old man doesn't get back in gracefully. The whole thing turned the fear of flipping into part of the fun. Glad you mentioned it Byte Stryke Byte Stryke :thumb:

We're gonna do this tomorrow evening. Great idea. Him and I have been talking about it and he says it sounds like fun. I have another 8' kayak I'm gonna tow behind mine with him in it this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom