• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First arrow of the season (not what I was wanting)

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
This was my first arrow of the season. Ive only hunted this stand twice and seen yotes both times. Last time we had about 13-14 mph winds and I couldnt hear him till he was about 20 yards and disappeared into the thick stuff. Yesterday morning this girl came out of the thicket to 30 yards and I hit her alittle high with the Rage 2 blade and spined her then finished her off with the Rage 3 blade. Im seriously consideing switching to the three blade! I like the "plug" type holes they make. If this heat would move out the deer will start moving alittle better so hopefully it wont be to long before we have some deer on the ground. Good luck this season yall!

Not what I was wanting, but ill take it.

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_lungbuster123_DSCF1614.jpg

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_lungbuster123_DSCF1618_1.jpg

I just got rid of the three blade rage in favor of fixed blades this year. I had too many things go wrong with them last year. There are just too many working parts. I am trying the G5 Montauks (I don't think I spelled that right). Didn't mean to change topic, just trying to save you some money.

I have had zero probelms with the Rage two blade and now the Rage three blade shooting them out of a properly tuned bow and putting them where they need to go. I would like to know what kind of problems you had?

For the rest of yall thanks a bunch!

They do not always open properly upon impact. I think there are too many moving parts that can bind. Just try opening them by hand. They can bind up and not open. I have had through shots where I found the arrow with one or more blades not opened up. I like the montecs because they are all one piece of steel with nothing that can go wrong. I have also had times when the blades would open prior to a shot just from catching on things, and it sucks when you have to worry about one more thing just before you take a shot. You have enough going through your mind when you hear the crunching steps. Just my opinion. I have 6 or 7 of the Rage 3 blades I will sell you cheap. Fixed broadheads worked for hundreds of years. Mechanicals don't kill them any more than dead. The last thing I want to worry about is my broadhead. Good Luck

Well like I said out of a properly tuned bow putting them where they need to be ive never had any problems. If I were to switch to a fixed blade it would be Razortrick's or ST Mags. I sent you a PM about those Rage.

Back
Top Bottom