• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FIRE!!!

I think I will look at installing a fusible link between the battery and fuse box.

There should already be a fusible link coming off the battery hot wire. The problem is that that link has to be sized big enough to handle the amp draw for all the branch circuits going through the entire vehicle. If you put too small a fuse link in, you will blow the fusible link every time you have it loaded up with a bunch of stuff pulling a load. You more than likely have something shorted out or a factory defective fuse box. Your fuse link at your battery is probably blown now. But the damage was already started before the load got big enough to blow the link. You may very well have more damage in your harness that you don't know about yet.
I would at minimum ring every wire out to ground with a Volt / Ohm meter to be safe. Hate to hear you had a repeat later. Good luck with repairs.

i179.photobucket.com_albums_w317_spcterry_IMG_20150410_125313449_zpsgljblmje.jpg

I was looking at your picture again and noticed that there is a gray wire coming from underneath the fuse box, mine does not have this wire. Was it something that was added?

Attachments

• lr 002.JPG
    lr 002.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
It appears to be a direct ground for the blower motor resistor....which makes sense, because the factory ground going bad is a common occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom