• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FIRE!!!

And some pretty solid resistance as well.....I'm wondering what electronics might have been damaged by this.....the fire damage is isolated to the top area of the box, so more than likely, the harness and connectors underneath are OK.....if this didn't have some sort if adverse affect on electronics throughout the vehicle, it could be a relatively cheap and easy fix....

I dunno man... You're looking at a lot of time to get that re-wired and working again. Even with the factory diagram... Then you still may or may not know what caused it and if it would do it again. Crap like that would keep me up at night.

I dunno man... You're looking at a lot of time to get that re-wired and working again. Even with the factory diagram... Then you still may or may not know what caused it and if it would do it again. Crap like that would keep me up at night.
It's all standard pinned connectors that feed into the fuse box.....I'm thinking that there's a chance those connectors are salvageable..

My Disco2 leaks like a sieve.
BUT never had anything like that happen...
DAMN!!!
Oddly enough, with 175k on mine, it doesn't eat fluids up like most....maybe half a quart of oil between changes and no coolant issues....

Gotta figure out if I'm gonna try to fix it or just sell it as parts...

Be sure to scotch brite the stranded wires before you crimp/solder the new terminals or you will have even more resistance problems later on. I've re-wired 12v systems before that melted the insulation off from a bad connection. The wire gets tarnished and will not carry current like it should afterwards. Just make sure its all spiffy. And I'd definitely solder everything since the vehicle is known to have wiring issues.

Back
Top Bottom