• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finger printing

smk1026

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
That Dude
131   0
Reaction score
So...I broke down and decided I wanted to ask the ATF's permission to put an LMT Sopmod on my Mk18 pistol. (since already on the national registry to my suppressor) I plan on efiling my form 1 but I was curious about finger printing. Do you guys do your own finger printing? can you go to a police station with a pre-filled finger printing card and do it there? I'm low key worried if I print myself they'll reject my submission. is it hard?

And before you ask how I did it for my suppressor...I used a silencershop kiosk

So...I broke down and decided I wanted to ask the ATF's permission to put an LMT Sopmod on my Mk18 pistol. (since already on the national registry to my suppressor) I plan on efiling my form 1 but I was curious about finger printing. Do you guys do your own finger printing? can you go to a police station with a pre-filled finger printing card and do it there? I'm low key worried if I print myself they'll reject my submission. is it hard?

I ordered a set of my fingerprints from silencershop. I had used their kiosk in the past. Was $15 for 2 cards

You can do it and it's not difficult, for the cost of an ink pad I'd probably just pay silencer shop to send you a set. Also can have the police department and many other facilities do it but again probably gonna cost more than what silencer shop offers.

If you aren't confident, I would go to a sheriffs office and have them fingerprint me for a peace of mind. I believe RCSO did mine for 5.00.
Just ask your LGS for four cards. The reason why I suggest getting four is because the Deputy made a mistake on the first set and having the second on hand saved me a lot of waiting.
If the first set looks right just return the second set back to your LGS. ALSO, make sure you look at the format on how to abbreviate certain things like your hair color, such and such.
Only fill in what you have to and leave the rest for whoever is fingerprinting you.

There should be a guide on the internet somewhere on what exactly to do. TRIPLE CHECK EVERYTHING. good luck :D

I just did everything my self and got two form 1's back in about 4 weeks. I used finger print cards i ordered off of Amazon FD 258 and a ink cartridge. I have attached links below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KUA9O5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTYNOJI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The cards for pack of 10 are about $7.00 and the ink is $28.40
The cards are free from the ATF.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

Back
Top Bottom