• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally buying a rimfire can today. Pistol options and advice wanted.

the p22 and mp22 use the same adaptor. the design is flawed though. groups will OPEN quite a bit. my p22 is dead nuts without the can. shotgun patterns at 7 yds with it. go with the new ruger sr22 threaded or 22/45 lite.

the p22 and mp22 use the same adaptor. the design is flawed though. groups will OPEN quite a bit. my p22 is dead nuts without the can. shotgun patterns at 7 yds with it. go with the new ruger sr22 threaded or 22/45 lite.

Is it the "tension" design that buggers it up? Why is it innaccurate and not just POI shift?

I don't really have a dog in the fight, but my experience has been the exact opposite. My groups tighten up with the can on my p22. Not saying they aren't cheaply made guns, but your experience may not be all inclusive.

I will tell you that I HATE M&P22's. Everyone I've shot jammed 1-2 times per mag and was incredibly inaccurate. The one I shot at CAW's rimfire shoot stove piped 5 times in a 30 shot stage. And shot WAY up and right.

Thinking about the mp5 .22lr :)

Are the fake suppressors easy to remove?

Is it the "tension" design that buggers it up? Why is it innaccurate and not just POI shift?

the adaptor fits onto a sleeve that sits outside of the barrel. i suspect the extra weight. (5 oz whoop-tee-doo) makes that sleeve tilt and get some weird harmonics. the p22 is the easiest, cheapest and worst to suppress. im eyeballing a ruger sr22 threaded something fierce. also the p22 uses a zinc slide. the rugers use steel/aluminum.

the adaptor fits onto a sleeve that sits outside of the barrel. i suspect the extra weight. (5 oz whoop-tee-doo) makes that sleeve tilt and get some weird harmonics. the p22 is the easiest, cheapest and worst to suppress. im eyeballing a ruger sr22 threaded something fierce. also the p22 uses a zinc slide. the rugers use steel/aluminum.

Yea the Ruger uses a nice solid barrel, so did my mosquito

Back
Top Bottom