• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Finally buying a rimfire can today. Pistol options and advice wanted.

I've gone through a few over the years.

* Sig Mosquito- jammed every 5 rounds
* P22- I had the older version. The sights were a bit low. However I think the Q verision may have higher sights
* 22/45 Lite- what I currently shoot
* SR22 threaded. Just picked up last week. Sights are a bit low like the P22. I need to send feedback to Ruger as the 22/45 Lite has taller sights
* CZ452. My favorite bolt rifle in 22. All you can hear is the bullet hit the paper.
* Tactical Solutions 10/22. I do not shoot this much as I am debating if I want to sell. Great for steel match
* M&P 15-22. Too much fun.

Last edited:
Where the hell are you guys finding SR22's with threaded barrels? Or are you adding them yourself?

I won't own a P22. The manufacturer says do not put them in rental programs, they will not hold up.
Haven't shot a M&P 22. Looks ok but reports are iffy.
22/45 Lite = awesome in my experience
22/45 RP with tacsol = even more awesome but at a price
Buckmark with whisper barrel = shoots good but is long and heavy. Easier to maintain than the ruger
Buckmark with 6 " tacsol barrel, shoots very nice
Buckmark with 4" tacsol barrel = shoots just as well, length is nicer and handles perfect, 100% reliable, nothing goes supersonic
Beretta Bobcat fitted with TB = Probably the most fun gun I own to shoot suppressed and surprisingly quiet

I hate ATI because I had a bad experience with them. They can stuff their 1911 IMO

If I could only have one and money was tight I'd want the 22/45 lite. If I had a little more $, I'd choose the buckmark with shorter tacsol.

I agree with babyhuey on rifles

Just my experience.

Where the hell are you guys finding SR22's with threaded barrels? Or are you adding them yourself?

I won't own a P22. The manufacturer says do not put them in rental programs, they will not hold up.
Haven't shot a M&P 22. Looks ok but reports are iffy.
22/45 Lite = awesome in my experience
22/45 RP with tacsol = even more awesome but at a price
Buckmark with whisper barrel = shoots good but is long and heavy. Easier to maintain than the ruger
Buckmark with 6 " tacsol barrel, shoots very nice
Buckmark with 4" tacsol barrel = shoots just as well, length is nicer and handles perfect, 100% reliable, nothing goes supersonic
Beretta Bobcat fitted with TB = Probably the most fun gun I own to shoot suppressed and surprisingly quiet

I hate ATI because I had a bad experience with them. They can stuff their 1911 IMO

If I could only have one and money was tight I'd want the 22/45 lite. If I had a little more $, I'd choose the buckmark with shorter tacsol.

I agree with babyhuey on rifles

Just my experience.

Dude Bobcat love right here, it's probably my favorite host right now.

Solution: Crimson Trace.
i.imgur.com_5cdAldu.jpg

I was hitting a steel target at night that was no longer visible using it, just waited for the lazer to dance on some of the exposed metal and bang!

I bought my SR22 with factory threaded barrel from GA Firing Line.

I've never had any issues with a P22 over the years. Easy to take apart to clean and hard to put back together.

Jake,

>>I will tell you that I HATE M&P22's. Everyone I've shot jammed 1-2 times per mag and was incredibly inaccurate. The one I shot at CAW's rimfire shoot stove piped 5 times in a 30 shot stage. And shot WAY up and right.

I have one and had no problems with it. Shot it in a steel match and I think I had one malfunction. Out of around 175 shots fired.

Maybe you need to try mine soon????

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom