• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FedEx is the worst shipping company ever

Topher592

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
I have had 3 packages get shipped via FedEx over the past few weeks, not by my choice. They were used twice for two-day delivery, both packages arrived within 4 & 5 days. I received a text this morning for a package stating it was out for delivery today. Sweet, I need to work from home as I was scheduled to be in the office because it required a signature. Get that taken care of and the wait begins. Go outside to check the mail around lunch and the FedEx truck is 4 houses down...so I figured it wouldn’t be long. Glance out the window to see the truck turn right before my house and head off in another direction. Well, damn...no real shock, they’ll be here soon enough. Nope. I track my package early this evening around 8 (when they stop delivering) and it is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Can’t work from home again, so I asked that it be rescheduled for Monday.

They have 1 damn job and they absolutely suck at it. One of my two-day packages left Texas en route to Georgia only to return to the same hub in Texas the next day.

Ive never had issues like this with UPS nor USPS. I have always had delays with FedEx for years. I avoid them like the plague. Maybe I can get a job there and screw around like they seem to do and squander any value for their employees and shareholders. Seriously, how and why is this company still around?

TL/DR I hate FedEx.

sorry...wasted a day at home yet again for an extremely unreliable company to do what they said that they would do and I’m irritated. First world problems and all that.

I avoid them like the plague. I had some meds transported by them which were delivered to someone else. What a pain to have to go through to show the sender that they were delivered to the wrong address. Just because they mark a package "Delivered" doesn't mean it's delivered to the correct address. I prevailed but only after much deliberation. I pay extra for UPS which allows you to see their delivery on a map. My last order of allergy meds was sent to the local pharmacy by FedEx where pickup is easy and stress-free. If there is no other choice, I try to ship to a FedEx store or to a nearby Dollar General as I don't think our residential FedEx driver can read due to the frequent delivery mishaps.

You obviously haven’t used DHL! It took over 2 weeks on 2 different packages, one from NC and the other Kentucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a FedEx package marked “out for delivery” for three days. I called and got the “customer resolutions’ dept. They said the address on the package was incorrect. First, no it wasn’t. When it arrived it was correct. Second, it was addressed to my organization, which is the largest employer in the county and largest building in the county, so it’s quite well known.

I once made a meme about delivery services. It went something like:

Me: “I wonder when I’ll get my package?”

UPS “Your package is out for delivery with Bob. Bob has been with us for 12 years. He is a father of 3, likes fishing and scuba diving. You can follow Bob’s delivery truck by clicking here.

USPS “Package, what package”?

FedEx “You’ll get your Gdamn package when we say you’ll get your Gdamn package, now STOP ASKING!”

I’ve been told that FedEx Ground drivers are contractors, not FedEx employees, so there is often a lot of turnover in the drivers. As far as I know, Express drivers are employees of FedEx, but I seem to have more late delivery issues with Express than I do with Ground shipments. Go figure!

I ship 100s of packages of all sizes per week. I will tell you that I have had issues with each an every one. They all suck. I have plenty of horror stories. If you want something to deliver on a certain day or a certain time window go with Express service and not ground. With ground you are at their discretion. Anytime you ask to reroute or have something held somewhere you are asking additional trouble. The volume of stuff coming in and out of GA is enormous. I avoid the union UPS folks because the loss rate is the same but the rates are higher. In the past year I've had a $8000 insurance claim with Fedex and a $12k with UPS. They all suck. USPS, NO CHANCE!

I had a package ship Tuesday from Ellenwood, GA (a mere 70 miles from my house) via FedEx Express overnight. It went to Memphis (FedEx’s biggest hub) and is out for delivery today. If the idiots hadn’t sent it to Memphis first, I would have gotten it yesterday.

I have found it all comes down to the driver. Get a good one and things get delivered. Change drivers and look out, your package disappears.

Back
Top Bottom