Fear the Walking Dead

Well, as I predicted.. The episode was slow, but it picked up in the last 5 mins. I was texting a friend earlier about weapons that liberals would use. I said a kitchen knife. Looks like I was right with the fat nerdy kid. Poor guy.
Episode was totally racist. Black guy doesn't answer the calls of his white girlfriend. Other black guy sells drugs to his childhood friend. #blacklivesmatter

I put the computer down early last night to watch Talking Dead before the premier.

Wow, that first one was painful. I understand character development and all but they only have like six more episodes, right?

Yeah, I'll watch the next one but I hope it picks up soon.

My son and I sat through the whole thing but I stopped paying attention at about the 25 minute mark and started surfing the interweb, my son made it another 10 minutes before he picked up his phone and started instachatting and snapgramming. He wants to give it one more shot to see if it picks up, I told him it better pick up real quick and not slow down or I'm done.

% hour and a half character development, WTH were the producers thinking. I'll go watch dancing with the half naked chicks with the wife before I sit through that boring crap again.

Let's face it, the reason many of you are poo pooing the 1st FTWD is that there was no (or very little) gun play. No mag dumps, no full auto resulting in zombie heads being blown apart, etc. Especially those of you who watch TWD or now FTWD cradling your AR or AK in one hand and a beer in the other like you are going to join the action. You wanted people fleeing into the street, shooting, looting, etc. This was the first episode and it is trying to tell the story of the beginning of the zombie apocalypse so give it time. You will get your zombie killing, mag changes, brass flying, heads exploding and blood flowing soon.

No, I don't like it for the same reason I don't like TWD; Lazy, poor writing and editing. The whole show is nothing but a shambling zombie of cliche and derivation of the genre. The only thing that saved it was the good acting (that constantly gets jacked up by the crappy editing).

You really can do story advancement, exposition, AND character development AT THE SAME ****ING TIME!!

The creators of the show said that this spinoff was going to be more about the "human relationship" side of a zombie outbreak. It's going to be even more of a soap-opera than the first one. I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom