• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Favorite low/no cholesterol dish?

A decent diet only goes so far. I've delt with high cholesterol for many years and it wasn't until I became more active that my numbers dropped. You can enjoy normal foods, but moderation is key. Don't make huge lifestyle changes all at once, you'll set yourself up for failure. Light cardio, like regular brisk walking and sensible food choices are the key to success.

upload_2016-8-10_23-38-15.jpeg

Here you go, looks great... well except for the apples, they need to go.

sautee onions and garlic in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil, add boiled purple or new potatoes cubed up, and finish by adding chopped kale and slivered almonds. Allow the almonds to brown a bit and the kale to soften. It's fantastic.

She'd love that. We'll give it a try.
Instead of sauteing in oil try this. Put Chicken breast and peppers and onions in large pot and bring to boil.
Cover to bring to boil fast, once rolling boil, uncover and allow ALL the water to boil out. It will Lightly scorch the meet giving it a grilled texture.
Slice and add all the fixens.

Well her numbers came down 22 points to 220. Not enough. She's ramping up the exercise.
Update. She got retested and results just came in. She's down to 213 and doc says "No medication needed. Continue with diet and exercise." :clap2: She's also down 20 pounds. VERY proud of her. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom