Favorite GA State Park for camping ??

Bald Ridge Campground in Cumming . They have large sites and they are right on the water.
Best COE campground, hands down, sute 42 is out fav, about150n yards from the beach. 
1.jpg
1.JPG
2.JPG

Holy crap! Was just up there to check out the sites with close family friends who went all the time when their kids were young. Best place to go trout fishing if the kids are under 11 they tell me.
Yep and over 65 can fish n the trout stream that runs along the side of the park and that's where the Trout hatchery across the creek stocks them, I always get a site on the creek. Eat at Laprades about a mile away just ignore the ruse headserver lady and make a reservation. Fish and chips are great.

Yep and over 65 can fish n the trout stream that runs along the side of the park and that's where the Trout hatchery across the creek stocks them, I always get a site on the creek. Eat at Laprades about a mile away just ignore the ruse headserver lady and make a reservation. Fish and chips are great.
I have spent many nights on that site that whole area is good.

Water sites on Lake Lanier. River Forks is not as crazy/busy
  1. Sawnee Campground: 3200 Buford Dam Rd, Cumming, GA 30041
  2. River Forks Campground: 3500 Keith Bridge Rd, Gainesville, GA 30504
When you have a dirt bike. If you can brink a bike, you should park your RV here and there are some excellent trails nearby for a mortocycle
  1. https://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Most all Georgia parks are good but very few have sewer hook up, most Alabama parks have sewer hook up.
And several rest stops have dump stations. I camp in national forest most of the time. Ill pay for the yearly pass or the parking fee at Ga State Parks to use the dump station. Did it at the house a few times . Not a pleasant task.
All the parks are nice and gonna be better than most Private R.V. parks. Don't know bout winter closure. Just a couple days for a check out trip is understandable but any longer I would head south

Back
Top Bottom