Favorite cheeses for the holidays

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have an old or new favorite cheese for the dinner party cheese plate?

As far as hard cheeses go, Gruyere has long been a family favorite, just make sure you only get Swiss Gruyere, and not the stuff made in WI.

I had an excellent soft cheese in Strasborg but can't remember the name..probably doesn't matter as you can't get it here anyway.

Any other favorites?

Does anyone have an old or new favorite cheese for the dinner party cheese plate?

As far as hard cheeses go, Gruyere has long been a family favorite, just make sure you only get Swiss Gruyere, and not the stuff made in WI.

I had an excellent soft cheese in Strasborg but can't remember the name..probably doesn't matter as you can't get it here anyway.

Any other favorites?

Second on the Swiss Gruyere..

When were you in Strasbourg? I have family that lives there. Alsace has some excellent food in general let alone cheese. I hope you were talking about Strasbourg France.

I know its commercial but I really like Jarslberg. Also a big fan of zeigenkasse and Edamer of almost any variety.

I had some kind of swiss-like cheese wen I was at my ex GFs house in Italy that was the best cheese I've ever had but can't remember what it is much to my dismay.

Second on the Swiss Gruyere..

When were you in Strasbourg? I have family that lives there. Alsace has some excellent food in general let alone cheese. I hope you were talking about Strasbourg France.

I know its commercial but I really like Jarslberg. Also a big fan of zeigenkasse and Edamer of almost any variety.

I had some kind of swiss-like cheese wen I was at my ex GFs house in Italy that was the best cheese I've ever had but can't remember what it is much to my dismay.

2012, and yes Strasbourg France although it certainly has a German/French vibe being 1km from the border. Beautiful little town.

Attachments

• Paris 2013 Strasborg 098.jpg
    Paris 2013 Strasborg 098.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Paris 2013 Strasborg 121.jpg
    Paris 2013 Strasborg 121.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Paris 2013 Strasborg 103.jpg
    Paris 2013 Strasborg 103.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back