• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Factory service on machine guns

22   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've finally got to a point of financial security that I'm seriously considering a transferable, probably something between entry level and "buy once, cry once" such as Mac, AC556, SW76/clones, or an Uzi if an amazing deal pops up. My question is: are there any companies that still offer factory service on machine guns they used to make? I heard Ruger did it for a long time but that they dried up recently. Does Smith and Wesson service their 76s? I'm sure there's some great SOTs that can do it, I'm just curious about how friendly the factory warranties can be.

Lol, that would be good customer service to repair something at a minimum of 31 years old. I haven't heard of anyone doing free factory service on machine guns they built.

Almost nobody services any of them other than trusted class 3 smiths .... OR

Go with a sten, Mac or uzi. I own all 3 . They are all very easy to find parts for. They are also stupid simple .

I bought 2 parts kits from FTF for my Mac 10 and Mac 11 . I will strip the factory parts off and replace them with aftermarket parts . I can then abuse it : you cannot hurt the receiver of any of those unless you are just retarded.

I’d be happy to assist and show you all of them. Even the AC556 mainly uses mini 14 parts . The selector parts can still be found: so factory support is really not needed .

Stay away from SW76. Parts are hard to find and expensive. Uzi , sten and Mac parts are easy to find and not expensive

Almost nobody services any of them other than trusted class 3 smiths .... OR

Go with a sten, Mac or uzi. I own all 3 . They are all very easy to find parts for. They are also stupid simple .

I bought 2 parts kits from FTF for my Mac 10 and Mac 11 . I will strip the factory parts off and replace them with aftermarket parts . I can then abuse it : you cannot hurt the receiver of any of those unless you are just retarded.

I’d be happy to assist and show you all of them. Even the AC556 mainly uses mini 14 parts . The selector parts can still be found: so factory support is really not needed .

Stay away from SW76. Parts are hard to find and expensive. Uzi , sten and Mac parts are easy to find and not expensive

That's pretty good logic. I'm leaning towards a Mac, largely because of the aftermarket parts availability. I guess with an investment like this I should learn to service it myself and have a ton of parts handy at all times. Do you have any tips for getting a good deal from a private seller other than watching Sturm, subguns, and odt like a hawk? I've tried calling a couple in-state dealers but it seems to be incredibly inconsistent whether A. they have anything pre-86, and B. They take me seriously (often assuming I'm one of those guys that wants to buy a machine gun under the table after watching too much fake news).

Most class 3 dealers don't have an inventory of transferable machine guns. You walk into a class 3 shop and ask about transferable machine guns most won't have one to sell you but say they can find what you want. Sure they point to all of the SBRs and cans they have but not transferable mgs. That point they'll search internet boards, call other dealers, maybe call a previous customer if they have been in business a long time and have a large loyal base, or maybe if they have something in their personal collection but usually you'll end up paying more. If you have cash in hand go to Knob Creek today or tomorrow. It's the fall mg shoot and there will be several dealers with actual inventory. Couple will have many mgs on their table. You might have find an individual selling, I have had someone offer me a good deal once there once, but unfortunately passed because already bought one.

Most class 3 dealers don't have an inventory of transferable machine guns. You walk into a class 3 shop and ask about transferable machine guns most won't have one to sell you but say they can find what you want. Sure they point to all of the SBRs and cans they have but not transferable mgs. That point they'll search internet boards, call other dealers, maybe call a previous customer if they have been in business a long time and have a large loyal base, or maybe if they have something in their personal collection but usually you'll end up paying more. If you have cash in hand go to Knob Creek today or tomorrow. It's the fall mg shoot and there will be several dealers with actual inventory. Couple will have many mgs on their table. You might have find an individual selling, I have had someone offer me a good deal once there once, but unfortunately passed because already bought one.
I wish I could make it to Knob Creek this weekend but I've had plans for months. Maybe I'll ask around at the full auto shoot at Red Hill next month.

You have to be patient . All but 1 of my 4 machine guns came from quiet riot . I’ve wanted others but I don’t do person to person. So , quiet riot alerts me when sheen guns come in.

Back
Top Bottom