F you ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimebeer

Default rank 5000+ posts
Brut 33 For Men
103   0
Reaction score
So, I order a bike for my son during the Black Friday deals. It's on his list for Santa. He is 6. I was working at the kitchen table when I hear the door open up and he yells, "oh man a bike!" Who is this for??
I hope up and caught the UPS guy jogging back to his truck. I said "hey asshole, who delivers a kids bike to a kid a couple of weeks before Christmas? He just kind of shrugged his shoulders. Hope into his truck and left. I was just standing there in the middle of the yard with my arms up like really? The box was all solid with a pic on the top. I mean, at least see the kid, and turn the picture side down and ask for a parent. Don't just say here you go kid, and try to dip out.

Am I wrong for being pissed about this?

While i see your point, think about how many packages UPS and all the other carriers are delivering right now. Yeah, it's a bummer your kid saw it, but then again if you knew the package was coming, perhaps you're the one who should have been more careful and proactive.

UPS is the worst IMO. There are a lot of videos of them throwing packages over fences and just being a holes in general. It doesn't surprise me that this happened but I'm sorry it did. Maybe adding the motorcycle effect (baseball card and clothespin) for Christmas can spark up the same flame as it did when he first saw it.

Hey Man,
Millions of people have been pulling off the surprise present thing forever. Someone was bound to get busted sooner or later. This time it was you.
Next time have the package sent to a friend or neighbor. A little forethought on your part would have prevented this.

While i see your point, think about how many packages UPS and all the other carriers are delivering right now. Yeah, it's a bummer your kid saw it, but then again if you knew the package was coming, perhaps you're the one who should have been more careful and proactive.

I see your point, but the email said it was going to be delivered tomorrow. When the hell does a package ever come a day early from UPS?

UPS employs a LOT of peak season "temporary" staff this time of year, it's possible you had a temp driver who was just worried about completing his route on time :noidea:

But yeah, blowing a Christmas surprise sucks, sorry to hear that man :(

What did you want him to do, gift wrap it???

No, seriously, I had a friend that posted on FB about the same exact thing. She pulled up to her house with her kids and there was her kid's christmas gift (a bike too) in front of the garage of all places. It was in the retail box with the picture of the bike facing forward. She drove around the block and called a neighbor to come get the packages in order to preserve the Santa deception. I think thats a bit much. I would've just told my kids to close their eyes. Skip all that Santa bs.

Same way I hide a new purchased gun from the wife, you have it shipped somewhere else (FFL)! To hide Santa, always best to ship to another location and properly disgard boxes from assembly Christmas Eve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom